delamination

jimpco

I have a 2017 sundance that I brought home April 25th after many weekend of cool weather in NY we got it out this weekend and while getting it ready we found the rear panel at least 50% delaminated , sent dealer some pics and he said he will get back to me. Now my question, anyone else have this problem on a new unit and if so how did your dealer handle it?

danemayer

Hi jimpco,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Delamination is almost always caused by water intrusion which raises the question of whether there's a leak somewhere. If you have a large (50%) area that's delaminated, that suggests a significant leak.

2017s started showing up on dealer lots in early 2016, so your 2017 could have sat on the dealer lot for as long as a year before your purchase. Unfortunately, dealers may not do required maintenance checks for trailers on the lot. So it's possible that dealer neglect could be part of the problem. While the dealer will likely expect Heartland to cover the repairs under warranty, Heartland may push back if the trailer has been on the lot for a long time and expect the dealer to pay for cost of repair.

If the dealer is less than prompt and accommodating about getting the trailer fixed, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

If you're not the first owner, warranty doesn't transfer, so there is no warranty coverage, regardless of trailer age. It'll be between you and the dealer to work out a satisfactory solution.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the rear panel is a flat solid piece, my understanding is that they are not attached except around the edges and then possibly around a window opening if you have one. If you are experiencing "flex" when you push against the outside wall, it's probably normal. If you are seeing a defined "bubble" in the outermost skin, then that may be delamination. Be sure to take a video or pictures that clearly define the problem, along with pictures of the caulking where the roof meets the back wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimpco

not sure how to post pic but it I have a few and a video that clearly show large bubbling, and you can imagine if you can see them in a pic how much deflection there is. we went through and around this camper before we bought it and did not see this then but now it jumps out at ya. we are the first owners of this unit. thanks