2017 Goshen, IN - Elkhart Satellite - Rally Specials

jbeletti

Elkhart Satellite will have a display in the Outdoor Heartland Marketplace. They will be selling, installing and servicing Winegard product.

Follow this link to their rally specials flier.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Seems expensive to watch tv for 30-35 days a year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Seems expensive to watch tv for 30-35 days a year

Fortunately, we don't have that time restriction on rig usage . But, by attempting to use the expense/day logic, satellite antenna expense may be only one of the illogical expenses of even owning an RV, especially for 30-35 days a year. But I can't argue against the point that it seems expensive, just like the rest of owning an RV. Are we crazy, or what...:confused:...but it sure is fun.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Fortunately, we don't have that time restriction on rig usage . But, by attempting to use the expense/day logic, satellite antenna expense may be only one of the illogical expenses of even owning an RV, especially for 30-35 days a year. But I can't argue against the point that it seems expensive, just like the rest of owning an RV. Are we crazy, or what...:confused:...but it sure is fun.

I think Camping World has the Dish Sat for $1261.66. It comes with the controller and some cables, and a small plate to cover the entry into the roof. I can't remember if it came with screws.

With Heartland's prewire, it's a pretty easy install. But does require some tools, some other parts, some muscle (to wrangle the sat to the roof), and time.

My hubby did it in one day, by himself, except to get the unit on the roof. It would have gone faster if he had help getting items from ground to roof. (He said he made at least 20 trips up and down the ladder!)

All in all, probably worth it to have them install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawnnira

I'm looking forward to having more time in our rv in about 10 years, but right now I'm a working stiff trying every way possible to stretch 30/35 days to 35/40 and so on. This working stuff is for the birds

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I'm looking forward to having more time in our rv in about 10 years, but right now I'm a working stiff trying every way possible to stretch 30/35 days to 35/40 and so on. This working stuff is for the birds

We will talk satellites in Goshen. There's always alternatives.

TravelTiger

We will talk satellites in Goshen. There's always alternatives.

True! I was just talking about how the price was good if you were dead-set on a Winegard Trav'ler.

Some folks have to have this style dish to work with DVR inside, or want multiple TVs viewing different programs.

There are lots of solutions for "vacationers" that want satellite.

We bought a Trav'ler because we went fulltime... and want our DVR'd shows using a Hopper/Joey system.

Dawnnira

First, I'm jealous of everyone that is full-time. Second, does this include donuts somehow? Third, I've heard if I'm with...i will have to bring the debit card. I can wait to get there...

TravelTiger

First, I'm jealous of everyone that is full-time. Second, does this include donuts somehow? Third, I've heard if I'm with...i will have to bring the debit card. I can wait to get there...

Don't be jealous of us! We're both still working, we just happened to have ditched the sticks and bricks to move to rural west/central Texas for hubby's work.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are in same boat as Erika and Tony. We live full time but work full time too. I wanted the travl'r mainly because I hated pointing a dish. Glad I got it though when I upgraded to the Directv equivalent to the joey