Water Pump pulling air

We tried using our fresh water tank on our Mallard 325 for the 1st time this weekend and pump pulls a lot of air. i mean to the point that the toilet will blast water out of the bowl. I checked all of the fittings on and around water pump but but did not find any loose fitting or leaks. when i turn on the faucets, the pump runs really hard. when i turn everything off, the pump slows down, gets really quiet but is still running / humming. Any ideas? the Unit is only 2 months old but we have several trips coming up (all full hookup so not FW tank needed) and i really don't want to leave this thing sitting at camping world.

danemayer

There's a hose that tees into the suction side of the pump to suck in antifreeze. If the valve on that line is not completely closed, the pump will suck air. Also check for cracks in the clear filter bowl.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This might sound like a silly question, but are you sure your fresh water tank is full?

Peace
Dave

the winterize valve is closed and the tank is full..

at first i though the water strainer/filter that is between the fresh water tank and the pump was pulling air but i removed it, cleaned the o-ring and put it back on and i still get a lot of air. i''ll check for cracks and maybe just buy a replacement and give it a shot.

turns out there was a crack in the filter housing. i replaced the filter housing and we are good to go.

filter.jpg

Last edited: