Where is the manual fresh water drain ????

J-W&E

Hi Scott,
We have a 2005 Grand Canyon. I read in this forum that the Grand Canyon has a manual fresh water drain, besides the power drain. I find nothing mentioned in my owners manual of a "manual drain". Are they speaking of the one valve that is in a vertical position when power pumping?
Please help me with this question.
Thank you.

Scott

Manual Drain

While the Landmark has always had the power tank drain that utilizes the water pump, about 6 to 8 months ago, we began also adding a manual low point drain under the coach as a second option for draining the fresh water tank.

ST

Cooper

Manual Drain

I have a Golden Gate 2006 I would also like to know where the manual drain valve is for the fresh water tank.

Scott

Manual Drain

Because we just started adding these about six months ago, the first thing to determine is whether or not you actually have one on your coach. I am tracking down through production which unit number we started with on the manual drains.
That being said, the reason we started doing it in the first place is because we had about half a dozen or so owners who had called us, gotten information as to how to install their own, and purchased the parts to do it - so, if you don't have one, but you would really like one, you may want to consider putting your own in.
I know where the general location is, and that is just in front of the wheels on the offdoor side. If you have one, it should protrude down through the black ABS underbelly near the sewer termination. It will be a white/clear type drain line with a black valve on the end.
If you do not have this, you do not have a manual drain.
If you would wish to install one down the road, it is not that hard. You basically put a "T-joint" in the water line in the underbelly and drop down from that. It does involve cutting an access area in the underbelly, but as I said, it has been done sucessfully by some Heartland owners already.

ST

co4me

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the clarification on the fresh water manual drain valve - now I know why I can't find mine. However, this seems like a critical aspect of the winterizing process. I am in the process now of winterizing my Golden Gate. In using the power tank drain I can get the tank down to the 1/3 level and the pump starts to sputter and pump mostly air. There is a warning on page 33 of my owners manual stating not to run the pump dry. How are we supposed to completely drain the fresh water tank without a manual drain valve?

Bill