Garage area sleeping

Tree14

Does anyone have ideas for under storage? Slide out shelving? What about about garage top bed? Ladder? Want to be able for my best friends to sleep in top and still be able to use dining table without much fuss

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ronlisle

We've just purchased a 2018 4005 and are setting up the garage for use as my most-of-the-time office. It has the double motorized queen beds. I'm using the lower bed as booth seats, and the smaller table setup between them for my desk. Using the smaller table allows using it as a desk on one side, while leaving room on the other side to walk out to the tail gate patio.

I was really worried about where I was going to keep stuff because the 4005 doesn't have any obvious large storage areas, and the basement is a bit tiny.

We're full timers, so we want/need a lot of storage. What we decided to do for storage is to stack Sterilite 4 gallon and 7.5 gallon modular stacker boxes under both seats. There is room for 2 rows of 3 boxes under each seat, with either two 4-gallon boxes on top of each other, or a single 7.5 gallon. This gives us a total of (24) 4 gallon boxes or (12) 7.5 gallon boxes. We're using a combination of both, since the 7.5 boxes are exactly twice as tall as 2 stacked 4 gallon boxes.

We had considered using the loft for storage, but it's high enough that I'd end up hurting myself if I put anything heavy up there, not to mention difficult to get to. So we'll probably only use it to put a large but light box of our games (scrabble, etc) up there.

In addition, we found that the toe storage under the floor can fit (5) 4 gallon boxes.
And the basement storage will fit my toolbox and a few other things in addition to (4) 7.5 gallon boxes with (4) 4 gallon boxes on top of those.

So we ended up with a lot of storage after all: the equivalent of (41) 4 gallon boxes in total, with pairs of boxes replaced with 7.5 gallon boxes for those larger/taller items.

I'll want to haul a single motorcycle when we travel, so I need to leave the middle of the garage open. This should work ok when the table is removed. I can definitely leave the boxes in place without impeding the loading of the motorcycle, and I may even be able to leave the seats down. We'll see in a couple weeks when we make our first trip since moving in. We're heading up to Nebraska to see the solar eclipse!

We'll probably just use a step ladder to get to the top bed when needed.

I hope this gives you some helpful ideas.

sbuckman

We drilled additional holes in the railing for the upper bunk to hold just above the windows. Gives plenty of clearance for using the dining table and not have to move the upper bunk for sleeping, just needed a longer ladder to get up to the bunk. Easy Peasy!

ronlisle

We drilled additional holes in the railing for the upper bunk to hold just above the windows. Gives plenty of clearance for using the dining table and not have to move the upper bunk for sleeping, just needed a longer ladder to get up to the bunk. Easy Peasy!
Great idea. Thanks!