Possible Phishing Scam?

GregP

I recently placed an order with Amazon.com and following completion of the order, I received a confirmation from Amazon that my order had been received and would be shipped shortly. I (cheap that I am) elected the cheapest shipping, which would be USPS. At almost the same time as I received the Amazon confirmation in my email inbox,I also received a notice from what appeared to be FEDEX that my order had shipped and I could click on a link to obtain further details. The message looked legit, with FEDEX type banners etc, however; the order number did not match my Amazon order and I have no other orders on the go. I did not open the link, so I am only assuming that it is a phishing scam. Just thought I would pass this on for the info of others who order online. If I had not checked the order numbers on the two emails, I would not have had any reason to suspect the FEDEX email as being bogus.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The other phishing expedition is to get an email from Amazon sayings the order you placed was cancelled, with a bogus order number to click. Telltale for me is I don't order religious books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just got another one early this morning, supposedly from Chase Bank, with a link in it. When I printed it out, it was clearly from some PoS in Japan. I forwarded it to Chase's Security after calling them. They don't send messages with links.