Replace carpet in Living area with flooring?

Kenneths

I am thinking about replacing the carpet in the living area of my Newport with flooring, any reason this cannot be done? I understand the need for the carpet in the slides to cover the seams. I have flooring in the kitchen and dining area but then it turns to carpet in the living area. Has anyone done this? Would I have to replace all of the flooring in the bottom of the coach or can it be added to the existing?

Last edited by a moderator:

rxbristol

There are several threads about people replacing their carpet--a simple search should turn them up. The hardest part is removing all the staples used to tack the carpet down...very time consuming.

Kenneths

Thank you I figured there might be some here and i searched but my searching skills leave a lot to be desired, okay they suck! I couldn't find any LOL.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We recently replaced the vinyl and carpet (except slides) in our kitchen and living areas. We used the vinyl 6" by 3' planks. It was pretty easy and surprisingly, we didn't have a large number of staples in the carpet, just around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

We recently replaced the vinyl and carpet (except slides) in our kitchen and living areas. We used the vinyl 6" by 3' planks. It was pretty easy and surprisingly, we didn't have a large number of staples in the carpet, just around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are wanting to do the same thing. Where did you find the planks?
How did you deal with the carpet and vinyl under the slides?

R U in Goshen at the rally?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We are, unfortunately, not at the rally. We used Allure flooring from Home Depot. We laid it right up under the edge of the carpet that overhangs the slides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgia_Biker

We are, unfortunately, not at the rally. We used Allure flooring from Home Depot. We laid it right up under the edge of the carpet that overhangs the slides.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Gus - my wife hates carpet - I do too

Jvogland

Any recommendations for replacing the vinyl floor with vinyl planking? What brand is best? What depth is recommended on the planking on my Gateway?