Heartland siting, I found the motherlode LOL

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
What a day.

Taking Jim Beletti up on his invite to meet up while we were both in town on the same day for a quick tour of the factory.... he was working and I was goofing off until he put me to work LOL....... all I can say is, Today was a fantastic day!!!!

Schedule for today;
  1. 7:15 am - Hook up with Jim at for tummy yummies at the Golden Egg where he informs me things are not going to go quite as planned (do they ever LOL)
  2. 8:00 am - Get Jims rig in position for a video shoot
  3. 8:15 am - Ride around with Jim in my truck for a whirlwind tour of the North Country, North Trail, Big Country, Bighorn and Landmark factories while Jim is taking care of business, taking care of customers and meeting with other managers on the fly, Whew Jim, I need a scooter next time I chase you around, I think you need an assistant director of owner interests and I know somebody for the job.;)
  4. 9:30 am - video shoot - Lots of good laughs and fun....... for me anyways....... put Jim under pressure with little notice and he shines and takes the ball and runs with it. Can't wait to see the finished product when the new web site is up. Yep, I gotta wait like everybody else to see it.
  5. noon or 1 pm:confused: Lost track of time - Worked with Jim and an Engineer with some very state of the art sensitive test equipment to gather data, help a customer and to improve a product.
  6. 3:15 pm IIRC - parted company, Jim's headed home, he offered me lunch even though he was running several hours later than he wanted too and I graciously declined knowing the Chicagoland traffic he was going to face and it was only going to get worse if he ran later.
Being a small part of the RV industry myself, as well as being an RV enthusiest, I have the unique opportunity to see, experience and do many things that most don't and don't take it lightly. I enjoy my job and the people I meet.

Having had the priveledge and opportunity to visit with Jim Beletti, their marketing director, speak openly with various other managers I can't remember their names (sorry guys CRS kicks me hard), seeing how well they took a young promising college marketing intern under their wing and were teaching him, tour the plants, work with Jim and one of their engineers to work out a solution for 1 customers specific, unique and unusual problem, and seeing how they want to hear customers wants, needs and ideas and getting a good feel for the strength of the company that is cranking out units while others are laying off and closing shop amongst many other things I saw today.....

I can honestly say I'm not easy to impress and I'm impressed, very impressed and will be buying a Heartland soon. I'm all done shopping brands for what I need and want..... Now I just gotta decide what I neeeeeeed and these new floor plans that are just now coming out added to my state of confusion (like I needed help being confused).. It's a good thing as plans like the Bighorn 3410RE and especially the Big Country 3550TSL coming out soon fit my real needs and wants very well.

Do they listen to what we say and do on the forum, good, bad and ugly, yep, they do. If they make my "Pineclone" floorplan I posted here a couple weeks ago, I'm going to have to buy it. The name Pineclone has definatly made it's rounds LOL

Jim is a man who goes out of his way, way above what is necessary, putting others and customers before himself. If you ever have the opportunity to meet and speak with him at a rally or whatever it is well worth your time.

Thank you Jim, I wish you all the best. Breakfast is on me next time.
V/R Mike

P.S.

Found out that 37' Fifthwheel HOT load I dispatched on to run to ND while running around with you is a Newmar Kountry Aire :eek:- 20,000 GVW 16,000+ dry, 3000+ lb hitch weight, I'll be grossing right near 26k with my 9,000+ lb truck, will have to scale out this one, may have to run less fuel in my tanks to stay under 26k and keep within my axle weight limits and tire ratings. Geez, I might need to borrow your truck.None

dewwood

Mike,
Sounds like you had quite a day with Jim. I would like to tour the plant again sometime. I went through once when I ordered our Sundance and it was very interesting, would love to go through on a little more detailed tour.

Hope you have a good trip to ND.

Dewey

pmmjarrett

Trip to ND went very well, especially considering the trailer I was towing weighed 0ver 18,000 lbs, My gross weight was 27,200 lbs on a CAT scale:eek:

Found a Heartland Big Country 3500RL today.
IMG00215.jpg

Ya, I cheated LOL. I'm dragging her to Nova Scotia.

davebennington

pmmjarrett

WOW, I thought I was towing heavy at 24,500 lbs gross. I would not want to try any heavier trailer than what I have now. We just had a Splendie washer/dryer installed so I have to re-weight when I get a chance.

Dave

pmmjarrett

Part of the reason it was so heavy is it was a customers unit that went back to the factory for floor repairs under warranty and still had his stuff in it.

The other part is I carry 125 gallons of fuel and stuff to hook up to any kind of trailer as well as my gear to live on the road in my mobile office 3 - 4 weeks at a time.

Yep, when you glance at the very high $$$$$$$$$$ trailer you are about to hook up too and notice it has duals on the tandem axles you know it ain't gonna be light.