Level Up Low Voltage Error

crmfghtr

Hi everyone, It has been awhile since I have been on here. Getting the Key Largo ready for extended stay (If the house sells). Normally when it is parked on the driveway in order to have it some what level the front landing gear is fully retracted. meaning all the way up. The rest of the landing gear is also up. I hitched up to the truck, and towed to a semi level surface. I unhitched the truck, and moved it out of the way. I then pushed the "Auto-Level" button and the coach front landing gear went fully retracted. (it was nose diving) a "Low Voltage" error message appeared on the LCD screen. I purchased a new optima gel cell battery and installed it. pushed auto-level again and the same results, same error message. Anyone know what is going on with this? This worked fine in November for a previous trip. I tried attaching a photo but it was upside down.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Are you plugged into shore power ?
Have you tried it while plugged in to shore power ?
What is the voltage reading on the Level-up Control panel ? You can scroll down the menu to fine it.
It's possible that the dead batteries could have confused the control brain. Just a guess.
So if it were me I'd make sure I have good voltage,
Then put it in manual mode and level the RV manually using a 3' level or something like that.
Then after you get it perfectly level power off the control.....
With power OFF press
Up (Front) 10 times then press down (rear) 10 times it will beep and ask you to press enter to complete the recalibration prosses

That might help get you back on track but only if you have the right voltage going to the unit.

You might want to check all of your connections from the batteries to the circuit breakers and from there to the hydraulic pump solinoid. Also the ground to the frame.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

crmfghtr

not plugged into shore power. Just put a new battery in. LCD reads 12v. After reading other posts about this issue, I'm going to check the tiny reset button near the bus bar. I think I had an issue with that before. Anyone agree?

danemayer

not plugged into shore power. Just put a new battery in. LCD reads 12v. After reading other posts about this issue, I'm going to check the tiny reset button near the bus bar. I think I had an issue with that before. Anyone agree?

If the manual-reset breaker was tripped, that would account for a dead battery because even when plugged into shore power, the battery wouldn't be getting recharged. When unplugged from shore power, if that breaker is tripped, your interior 12V DC lights will be off, the thermostat won't work (no furnace, no A/C), and the refrigerator may not run.

But even if that breaker is tripped, the new battery will still supply power to the leveling system.

A 12.0V reading on the leveling panel is low. A fully charged battery will read more like 12.6V. When plugged into shore power, it should read 13.2 - 13.6V, which is converter output.

So I'd suggest checking that breaker, getting the battery fully charged, and then seeing if the leveling system operates ok in manual mode. If so, then try AUTO.

If you're getting a low voltage error with a fully charged battery, then check the wiring to the pump. Wiggle wires to make sure crimps are tight. Clean the connections. Check the ground connection on the pump and trace the cable on the negative battery post and check that ground connection.

TedS

If the new battery was momentarily connected backwards when installed the fuses on the converter output are blown and the converter will not charge the battery.

crmfghtr

Well I placed the battery on the charger. When it is charged, we will see what happens. I will keep you posted.

crmfghtr

Still getting the same error while doing the "Auto Level". Battery now reads 12.5v. I switched it to manual mode and while extending the left landing gear I got the same error. When I pushed "Push Enter to Acknowledge" the system just shut off. I had to turn it back on and it read "Ready Jacks Up". I wondering if the control is bad. Is there anyway to reset the entire control? or is a replacement in order. Also with all the slides in and the landing gear up is this the proper level for the hydraulic fluid.
Land Mark Fluid.jpg
Can't seem to rotate the picture.

Roller4tan

Although it should work on battery power, I'd try it plugged into shore power before giving up on the control unit.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya you are still at the lower side
This is mine after I turned off the shore power breaker.

If you want to do a little test you might try this.

Get a GOOD set of jumper cables and hook one end to your truck (running) and the other end to to - black to ground on the batteries and red on the positive post of the Level-up control solinoid
The middle post in this picture.
This will elemanate all of your possibly weak links in your system.
Now if it works that's telling me you have low voltage or bad connection from the batteries to the solinoid.

You could also use the cables from the coach batteries to the solinoid but I'd use the truck first.

Jerrod
You can call me if you need more help
aa2193447986c4764f727d88fea3fb7e.jpg
dc2680471c4a57a4bf929e0573989212.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

crmfghtr

Although it should work on battery power, I'd try it plugged into shore power before giving up on the control unit.
That's not possible right now since the unit is not at the house. Would a generator produce the same results? I have a Honda 3000.

crmfghtr

I'm gong to try the generator. I have to load it up and take it to the rig. Ok, Hooked up the generator, pushed auto level and it started the process. It went into a nose dive in the front. Once it finished that, it started making a loud noise coming from the junction. (See image). It was also hot. So I wonder if it has enough fluid because it works if you use manual mode, the legs go down and will lift the rig off the ground if you let it. It seems to me the manual said that the fluid should be 1/4" from the top of the opening with all the slides in and the landing gear retracted. The image is exactly that. So is the level in the image normal?

Junction.jpgLand Mark Fluid.jpg

Forgot to mention the voltage said 14.3 on the read out.

Last edited:

avvidclif

I would say you are about a quart plus low. Mine is above the taper on the jug when all in. It also has a full mark which is at the top level of the label. My tank is different because the pump is on top of it. The picture shows my fluid level with the RV leveled, jack are not in. Have I mentioned I hate Iphone cameras.....

Attachments

• IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 29

LBR

I would say you are about a quart plus low. Mine is above the taper on the jug when all in. It also has a full mark which is at the top level of the label. My tank is different because the pump is on top of it. The picture shows my fluid level with the RV leveled, jack are not in. Have I mentioned I hate Iphone cameras.....
Thats pretty full for having jacks out...is that just your fronts, or all of them? I would think the reservoir would be too full.... comparing it to mine.