Fresh water system only gives a trickle of water and a lot of air. Hot water coming from the cold water faucets

I used my Torque T30 for the first time this weekend and had a huge water issue. I filled the fresh water tank and turned on the water pump. When I turned on the faucets or shower, very little water came out and I have a lot of air coming out. Hot water was also coming out of he cold water faucets and toilet. Further into the weekend water stopped flowing from the faucets but the air pressure stayed. Has anyone else encountered an issue like this?
I am trying to figure this out without taking it back to the dealer. They told me it could e moths before any warranty work is completed. Is that normal? Months seems like an awful lot of time to fix minor issues.

danemayer

Hi tankerman77,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If your Torque comes with the Anderson 4-way valve at the water connection, you'll set it to TANK to fill the fresh tank, and then to NORMAL to use the pump. If the tank is verifiably full, and you're set to NORMAL and the pump is ON, but you get air, you have a loose fitting on the suction side of the pump, or perhaps the clear filter bowl is cracked.

If you don't have the Anderson 4-way valve, the suction line used for antifreeze may have an open valve.

On the hot water, if it's lukewarm as opposed to hot, your trailer may still be partially winterized. The water heater bypass valve(s) have to be in the correct position(s) or hot water may mix with cold. Also, if the outside shower knobs are open, hot and cold water can mix there.

The only other way I can think of where you would get fully hot water out of all of the cold fixtures would be if the water heater output line is teed into the cold pex lines by mistake. That would be a first, so I'm thinking it might be something else.

Lynn1130

Did you fully fill the hot water tank when you filled. Once I think there is 25 gals or more in the tanks I open the hot water side of the kitchen faucet and leave it open with the water pump running until I have a steady stream of water coming out. With a 12 gal hot water tank that can take awhile and you get a lot of air, and bursts of water and air until the hot water tank is full. If the temps are warm outside it is not unusual to get warm water through the cold water side for short periods.

If you did the above and that is not the issue then Dan's advice is good.

Garypowell

And please remember you don't have to go back to the dealership for warranty work.....especially one with their attitude!

you'll need to get HL's permission first and pay the trip charge if it is a mobile service but usually well worth it.

pegmikef

And please remember you don't have to go back to the dealership for warranty work.....especially one with their attitude!

you'll need to get HL's permission first and pay the trip charge if it is a mobile service but usually well worth it.

When I used to use my fresh water tank, I always filled my hot water heater before I left. If you don't the pump is going to try to fill it before water gets to the faucet. In the process the water will be pushing the air out of the out water heater and thats what you'll get.

I have no idea if this is your problem, but it is worth trying.

Ok so I hooked into the hose at home and everything works perfectly. As soon as I switch to the fresh water tank the same thing happens. The water pump and glass cover are under a a thick black mat. I'm not sure how to get to it without tearing the mat up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
I experienced a similar problem less the hot water issue. I found a bad Andersen valve. It was sucking air through the city connection. I plugged the city connection and it worked just fine. I replaced the Andersen cartridge and I no longer have the problem.

Please excuse my inexperience but what does the Anderson valve look like and where would it be located?

danemayer

Please excuse my inexperience but what does the Anderson valve look like and where would it be located?

Where you hook up the water hose to the coach, some coaches have a compartment called the Universal Docking Center (UDC). Within that some have a 4-way Anderson Valve that directs water for filling the tank, pumping from the fresh tank, running antifreeze or bleach to the plumbing fixtures, or letting city water flow to the fixtures. In this picture, it's the knob with a pointy end at the top left of the picture.
UDC w Anderson.jpg

I definitely don't have anything that looks like that. My city water is on one side and the coach while the fresh water is on the other

danemayer

I definitely don't have anything that looks like that. My city water is on one side and the coach while the fresh water is on the other

Ok, that rules out all of the discussions involving the 4-way Anderson Valve.

You need to locate the antifreeze suction line and look for the valve that opens and closes that line. If open, or partially open, the pump will suck air.

You'll also have to figure out how to gain access to the pump to inspect the fittings and the plastic filter bowl.