No power to refrigerator OR range hood

Not able to operate refrigerator on electric or propane, due to electronic ignitor. Also no power to range hood - fan/light.
Fuses, breakers fine...... Friend check current, and appears dead at the small black box, inside of the panel behind refrigerator/stove. What is that part, and is there something else we can check?

danemayer

Hi dkellison27,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Not able to operate refrigerator on electric or propane, due to electronic ignitor.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Even if you don't have 120V shore power, you should be able to run on propane as long as you have 12V DC from the battery or from the Power Converter (if plugged into shore power).

Fuses, breakers fine...... Friend check current, and appears dead at the small black box, inside of the panel behind refrigerator/stove.

Also not sure what small black blox you're talking about. On the refrigerator? Are you talking about the outlet the refrigerator plugs into?

It would be helpful to know what year/model/floor plan you have, and what type of refrigerator.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The small black box on the back of the fridge has the circuit board in it. There are also fuses in the box. Unplug from electricity and check the fuses. If you have a Norcold fridge, there is a magnetic reset inside the box. Running a large magnet over the left side of the black box has worked for others to reset the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Guessing at the floor plan, take a look under the slide (or wherever the fridge/stove are located) for an electrical junction box. Wires have been known to work loose from wire nuts in those.

wdk450

Hi dkellison27,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Even if you don't have 120V shore power, you should be able to run on propane as long as you have 12V DC from the battery or from the Power Converter (if plugged into shore power).

Also not sure what small black blox you're talking about. On the refrigerator? Are you talking about the outlet the refrigerator plugs into?

It would be helpful to know what year/model/floor plan you have, and what type of refrigerator.

Dan:
It looks like they have lost 12 volt DC to the refrig/stove light-fan. As you said, 12 volts DC is mandatory for the rest of the refrigerator to work on electric or gas power (the refrigerator logic board is driven by 12w volts DC). I would guess that the black box is a 12 volt junction box, with a disconnected wire inside.