Ripped vinyl flooring

Cabindoc

As I was bringing in my kitchen slide, there was a screw on the floor and the slide caught it. Created this rip. Any suggestions on how to repair?

Attachments

• vinyl 1a.jpg
    vinyl 1a.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 124

jbeletti

If you can obtain a section of that lino from Heartland, a flooring installer can likely repair it. They usually cut along the fake plank edge lines and glue a section in. Might be worth exploring versus replacing the entire lino floor.

jimtoo

Something you might try, I never have, but a man installing similar flooring in my house told me that if I have any that pops loose due to my sub floor being un-level (mine is 40 year old wood base) to take an iron, make sure it is clean under neath tear, no dirt, but don't clean with cleaner, smooth out as much as possible and try using an iron to seal it back down. This might work for temporary repair for you. Just be careful and don't get it to hot. Also my own thought is to use a piece of cloth between iron and flooring,,, maybe not.

If you try this let us know what happens.

Jim M

I am assuming you and your wife are old enough to know or remember what an iron is also. :rolleyes:

Domi

Just had that happen to my floor also. I ended up using vinyl floor seam sealing and putting it back down. I have a rock pattern so it is not noticeable and the repair looks good. Hardest part was making it so that the slide-out would not drag on the floor any more. You can pick up the floor sealer at any hardware store or other place that sells vinyl flooring.

John

Kathi-27

With vinyl flooring you need to use slide slickers for sure. They help keep slide up off the floor.

Piperflyer

With vinyl flooring you need to use slide slickers for sure. They help keep slide up off the floor.

Never heard of slide slickers, do you have a link or photo? I had a small stone get behind a floor roller and almost ripped the floor. Do they work that well?

BobTheBuilder

On a SOB I used to own, I had an issue with the roller digging in. I got a 1'x1' piece of laminate (such as Formica) and put it over the trouble spot. The slide would come in just fine over the thickness of the laminate and protect the area subject to damage. After having read on this forum about some getting indentations in the kitchen vinyl I am considering adding them to my travel list as preventive measures.

Kathi-27

go on amazon. put in rv slide slickers. they come in pairs. I use them on the carpet also to distribute the wt better and not leave runner marks on carpet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
go on amazon. put in rv slide slickers. they come in pairs. I use them on the carpet also to distribute the wt better and not leave runner marks on carpet.

There are two styles I think- one that has a smooth bottom for vinyl and one with little spikes for carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk