Electric Power Cord Reel Retrofit

Blessed

Has anyone figured out how to retrofit the electric power cord reel that is offered on the 2008 models to an older unit?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hmmm, if they retro on the older Landmarks , might fit a Bighorn. Now that would be outstanding.:D....Kenny

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi Jim and Sandy, I wonder if that electric power cord reel could be installed on a sundance also.That sounds like a good idea Jim.TRAVELER07[Rick]

Shadowchek

you would have to mount it sideways up underneath I would think. Sure would like it on my BH. I would be curious to the cost of parts to do this.

DennisZ

The power reel that Heartland uses appears to be made by TDI Products, they list for $699 and can be found on the internet for about $600. NIce feature, but I can roll a lot of cord for $600.

Dennis

XXLRUNR

If you are not careful your electric motor can pull the power cord plug into, and around, the cable cylinder. If this happens it is a nightmare trying to get the cable back out of the enclosure. Not impossible but very challenging and time consuming. I now stop the cable 12" to 15" from the cable cylinder and manually feed it into the compartment.

It can be done. You need 12 volt power (could jump off electric rear jacks) and the main power supply is already there.The reel mounts partially into bottom of floor, so on laminated floors, you need to cut a cavity to fit into. Not impossible, just need right tools. Also make sure you are skilled enough to make the electrical connections.