Need response from factory rep

rebnga

What do I do about the warp across the front cap? I have a 28' RLS, NT, purchased in January, 08. This defect is totally unacceptable. What do I do about it and where?

Larry

jimtoo

Have you contacted your dealer? This is the first step, he will work with the Heartland people to get your problem corrected. If you have contacted your dealer and have not gotten satisfactory results, then call the Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your vin # handy, they will probably need it.

M

Mcreech

Larry, Please contact you local heartland dealer....The good thing is that the front fiberglass wrap is a very easy change, if in fact service says it needs to be replaced...

CampingJunkie

Larry, no worries. This company will bend over backwards to get your problem solved to your satisfaction. Just begin with your dealer. It can be corrected. Let us know what happens.

rebnga

Heartland Dealer location ... yikes

I am in Caldwell, Idaho, 15 miles west of Boise. My dealer is in the Atlanta, GA area, 2200 miles to the east. The nearest Heartland dealer to my present location is in Eden, ID, 145 miles from where I am located. I don't plan to go east until next spring (after the warranty has expired.)

Can I take my North Trail to the Eden dealer or any other Heartland dealer and expect the same quality service I might get at my Atlanta dealer's location?

Do I need to call the Eden dealer or any Heartland dealer to see if he will and CAN fix the warp and some other problems I'm having with my North Trail?

Do I need to get Heartland, Inc. okay before I take it to Eden or any other Heartland dealer?

Larry

jbeletti

Larry,

Please read the document in this post. It will address the questions you raised. If you have further questions, Heartland Customer Service is best equipped to answer them. Their number is 877-262-8032.

Thank you,

Jim

fdechaine

Sorry, I haven't been visiting this forum often, as I seem to spend all my time at northtrailtalk.com

I have my RV serviced at Moscow RV in Moscow ID and I think they do a great job. Unfortunately, you are almost 6 hours away

the status of my front crease is that it is still there but not for a lack of trying

- the replacement piece (just fiberglass) had a hole in a place that made it unacceptable to use

- the replacement piece (entire piece with backing) had the same crease that I have. The crease occurs where the 4*8 sheets butt against each other. We didn't bother putting that one on

- Instead, the folks at Moscow RV tried to put some bracing to eliminate the flexing where the two pieces of thin 4*8 veneer butt together. It helped but did not fix it

Next steps:
- I think we'll get another piece of fiberglass and just glue it on the existing one and then we'll put on the new decals and be done with it.

It really is just a cosmetic issue but like you, I want it fixed.

Hope this helps