New Thermal Curtains

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
My incredibly talented wife Amy, hand made these insulated curtains to keep inside temps stable and outside noise down. Just a note, there are 9 windows that are getting curtains and NONE of them are the same size! IMG_20170604_124712039.jpgIMG_20170604_124725045.jpgIMG_20170604_124816947.jpgIMG_20170604_125528047.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome! For our previous rig, I purchased some thermal-backed curtains and cut them down to size. My mom helped sew them. I used tension rods to hold them in the window valances, so we could still open and close them like typical curtains. They really can help with the heat and cold coming through single pane glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjwink

I did the same thing in 2011 on our Rushmore in the bedroom when we went to Alaska. I found room darkening fabric at JoAnn's, sewed a rod pocket in top and bottom, pinked the sides and used tension rods which went inside window treatments. They were still there when we traded unit in 2017. Loved the dark bedroom.

RVFun4Us

Amy/Rory,

Would like to know specifically what you used for the lining of the curtains? I am considering using pellon 975 insul-fleece for the insulated linings to the curtains. I am not sure if this would be too heavy for the curtain panel. Great idea and I will try to recreate in our rig.

Sheri