Wood, Aluminum structure on 3300RLB

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
We were shopping around today yet again sorta as a are you sure measure. The question was to make sure we knew what type of structure. Was Heartland using a aluminum frame or did it actually have a aluminum skeleton because of it legnth. Told to stay away from pressed walls unless going with a TT. uuuuuuuuur so much to consider. We plan on long trips I just want like everyone else is to have a dependable camper.None

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Don't know what you mean by "pressed" walls, havn't heard that term, if you mean laminate, almost everything out there with fiberglass sides is laminate unless it's the stick and tin entry level trailers line (aluminum corrigated siding)

Mabey this will help your decision. Sundance Construction book

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I would imagine they mean laminated walls. Some laminated walls are good and some are not.

pmmjarrett

Heartland does have their own laminating facility where they make their own walls...... And QC inspectors. Have seen them with my own eyes.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
That website was most helpful. I would encourage any prospective buyer to take a peek at it. Thanks for the info.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One thing to consider, in my opinion, is does the manufacture make their own walls. If they do they have control over the quality of them and will stand behind them. (no pun intended). If you look at some companies (I am thinking of Alfa Liesure) they contract out the manufacture of their side walls and have quality control problems. Then their failure to warranty any problems can lead to their downfall.

jbeletti

If I can swing it at the 2009 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Goshen, Indiana in June, I hope to take our group on a tour of one of our wall or floor lamination plants. It's neat stuff to see pinch rolling of walls and vacuum-bonding of floors.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
If I can swing it at the 2009 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Goshen, Indiana in June, I hope to take our group on a tour of one of our wall or floor lamination plants. It's neat stuff to see pinch rolling of walls and vacuum-bonding of floors.

Jim

Jim, I would be very interested in this tour.

pmmjarrett

One thing to consider, in my opinion, is does the manufacture make their own walls. If they do they have control over the quality of them and will stand behind them. (no pun intended). If you look at some companies (I am thinking of Alfa Liesure) they contract out the manufacture of their side walls and have quality control problems. Then their failure to warranty any problems can lead to their downfall.

Funny you say this because it's about what I told Jim when he showed me the Laminating plant. Told him "I liked that Heartland had their own facility because if their was a problem it could be taken care of with no finger pointing and playing the blame game."