Propane door latch

NYSUPstater

1 latch on 1 of the propane doors isn't catching the lip at all. Have a call/msg into dealer, still waiting to hear back. Are there longer latches on the market I can replace the "stock/factory" one with?. Bottom latch works fine and opposite side works fine as well, just the 1 latch isn't.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might be possible to just bend the frame a little to catch it. But there are different shaft lengths available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Don't think bending the frame is possible. The latch isn't even close to the metal lip. Hit's the rubber gasket and that's about it. Just need the latch to be approx 1/2" longer and all would be good.

JohnDar

Measure the barrel length of one that works.

rxbristol

Don't think bending the frame is possible. The latch isn't even close to the metal lip. Hit's the rubber gasket and that's about it. Just need the latch to be approx 1/2" longer and all would be good.

Is there a gap between the door and frame?

JohnDar

Think I misunderstood. The barrel is long enough but not the rotating latch, correct?

NYSUPstater

Think I misunderstood. The barrel is long enough but not the rotating latch, correct?

Correct. Door seems to fit fine and dandy w/ no abnormal gaps top to bottom or side to side. I will admit, I haven't looked up from the bottom to see what's up, just going by what's not happening from the outside.

JohnDar

How long is the latch? Not sure if I have any at home (have to check later), but I have a couple at the rig. Unfortunately, I won't be there until next month. It's possible it's the standard length but somehow the placement for the lock cylinder hole missed the mark.