Howdy. New member here

Hey guys, getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2018 Torque 345 and was hoping anyone that has that unit might chime in and tell me what to look out for prior to taking delivery. Or if you have gripes or accolades about that specific coach, I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks much.

danemayer

Hi shooters1380,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here so I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

Oregon_Camper

Congrats on the pending RV...:)

I don't have that model, but I do have a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) document you're welcome to download and use. It is not RV specific, but will take you about 4 hours to complete and should help you find all the little "gotcha's" that might pop up.

Click on the link in my signature below if you want this.

Congrats on the pending RV...:)

I don't have that model, but I do have a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) document you're welcome to download and use. It is not RV specific, but will take you about 4 hours to complete and should help you find all the little "gotcha's" that might pop up.

Click on the link in my signature below if you want this.

Aww thanks very much I really appreciate it

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new rig. I can't stress the importance of a good, thorough PDI before taking delivery. Every rig is going to have some adjustments needed. Take you time and have it opened up under power and to water and inspect for leaks, lights, awning, etc. Save yourself some grief having to take it back and get in line for some minor work. Good luck and hope to meet you down the road.

Congrats on your new rig. I can't stress the importance of a good, thorough PDI before taking delivery. Every rig is going to have some adjustments needed. Take you time and have it opened up under power and to water and inspect for leaks, lights, awning, etc. Save yourself some grief having to take it back and get in line for some minor work. Good luck and hope to meet you down the road.

Well since I'm buying in Michigan and towing back to Southern California, I'm. It sure how much time I'll have to be thorough in the delivery check, but I'll try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Well since I'm buying in Michigan and towing back to Southern California, I'm. It sure how much time I'll have to be thorough in the delivery check, but I'll try

You should adjust your plans so you do have time to be thorough. And you would do well to stay at the dealer or nearby for a day or two to use the coach. Get agreement in advance from the service manager that if any adjustments are needed, that they'll do them while you wait.

You should adjust your plans so you do have time to be thorough. And you would do well to stay at the dealer or nearby for a day or two to use the coach. Get agreement in advance from the service manager that if any adjustments are needed, that they'll do them while you wait.

That's a great idea. Will do. Thanks

Oregon_Camper

We drove from Oregon to Michigan (Lakeshore RV) to get our prior trailer. They let us spend the night in their lot (locked/safe) and we were able to complete the PDI slowly...at our own pace.

We drove from Oregon to Michigan (Lakeshore RV) to get our prior trailer. They let us spend the night in their lot (locked/safe) and we were able to complete the PDI slowly...at our own pace.

Lakeshore is exactly where I'm going. How would you rate your buying experience?

Oregon_Camper

Lakeshore is exactly where I'm going. How would you rate your buying experience?

Well, it was 8 years ago, so a lot might have changed, but we had a GREAT experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Tell them you want to camp overnight and do your PDI. They had our RV all set up...connected to power and water. All I had to do was test stuff. They even tossed in a few soda's in the frig and some snacks were left on the table for us. Very nice touch.

Here is the spot we stayed in...I think they had 2-3 slots like this for people coming in from out of state.

Capture.jpg

Well, it was 8 years ago, so a lot might have changed, but we had a GREAT experience and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Tell them you want to camp overnight and do your PDI. They had our RV all set up...connected to power and water. All I had to do was test stuff. They even tossed in a few soda's in the frig and some snacks were left on the table for us. Very nice touch.

Here is the spot we stayed in...I think they had 2-3 slots like this for people coming in from out of state.

View attachment 52277

That's very cool. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully they still provide that service