Blu-ray player not working

I have a 2017 Oakmont with the Jensen AWM968 player. That Blue-ray player will not play any blu-ray disks. I have tried numerous ones and the player says error and the radio turned on. Plays DVD's no problem. I did a soft reset and the same results. Any other suggestions before I call Heartland?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

I looked up that particular player and it is not Blue-Ray according to the manual. It will play standard DVD but not Blue-Ray. It is Blue-Tooth but not Blue-Ray.

Happy New Year,
We just recently purchased a 2017 Big Country. I would like to have a Blu-ray player installed. Is it as easy as plugging it in and connecting via HDMI? Hoping I can have it done when we take delivery in May.
thanks in advance

mlpeloquin

You might want to wait and see just what will fit in the space that the OEM player/sound system is in. Some are having a hard time finding a new player/sound system that will fit. You might want to upgrade to a 4K player. A lot of new disks are now 4K. The players will upscale older disks and will also play down scale for standard def televisions. That way you won't have to upgrade again. They are not expensive. Costco has a nice one for around $180.00.

Mine is a few years old in the rig and when I had to replace the TV it only had audio optical out. The OEM supplied DVD/surround system uses RCA audio cable and jacks and no HDMI ether. I was told they would not ever work together. Well with an internet search I found a audio optical to RCA jack converter. Did not cost much and works well. So everything is not hard to connect. Almost everything now is audio optical and/or HDMI. Plug and play.