Extended warranty "Extraride vs Gaurdian

Hello again folks. Since I'm in the research stages of buying my coach I was wondering if anyone might share their experiences (good or bad) with either of the companies listed in the topic line of this message?

I've read some reviews about both but would trust more of what people share on this forum than that of online reviews.

I have read some real horror stories regarding the Good Sam warranties and when I went to get a quote I was shocked at the price. They wanted just over 9 grand for a 6 year warranty and that's about 4K more than the dealers want for the Gaurdian or Extraride service.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in. Very much appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

I have read some real horror stories regarding the Good Sam warranties and when I went to get a quote I was shocked at the price. They wanted just over 9 grand for a 6 year warranty and that's about 4K more than the dealers want for the Gaurdian or Extraride service.

A Good Sam quote of over $9,000 for 6 years doesn't sound right. I'd suggest you call back and start over.

BusManRG

Did it online on their website. Cheapest they had was for 3 years at 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. Something's not right. I recently got a quote from Good Sam for our Big Horn. I want something in place before we turn one year old. I can't remember the exact number, but I think it was about $25/mo with a $500 deductible. Roughly $1600 if paid upfront (6year policy). Of course a lower deductible is available for a higher premium. I'm in the process of getting a quote from Wholesale Warranties, a company I read about here on the forum. I'll be interested in hearing more about your findings.

Sandy

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Read the fine print very carefully before you sign on the dotted line . . . :confused:

Wow. Something's not right. I recently got a quote from Good Sam for our Big Horn. I want something in place before we turn one year old. I can't remember the exact number, but I think it was about $25/mo with a $500 deductible. Roughly $1600 if paid upfront (6year policy). Of course a lower deductible is available for a higher premium. I'm in the process of getting a quote from Wholesale Warranties, a company I read about here on the forum. I'll be interested in hearing more about your findings.

Sandy

Sandy, the deductible was 100 bucks. Maybe I need to call and speak with someone directly instead of using the online quote system but yeah, 9 grand on a 60k coach. I was more than shocked, to say the least

klp605

Our Good Sam quote for our TT with msrp about $38k was $3,200 for 84 months and $100 deductible. Agree that a call might be worthwhile as something doesn't sound right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Our Good Sam quote for our TT with msrp about $38k was $3,200 for 84 months and $100 deductible. Agree that a call might be worthwhile as something doesn't sound right.

I think you're right

klp605

Another thought is if there is a discount or different pricing when you purchase a camper and the warranty through CW. I remember inclusive policy in that situation vs exclusive when purchased seperatley.

BusManRG

Another thought is if there is a discount or different pricing when you purchase a camper and the warranty through CW. I remember inclusive policy in that situation vs exclusive when purchased seperatley.

We are Good Sam members, but we didn't purchase from Camping World.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

carl.swoyer

Check out cornerstone extended warranty. I had the five year warranty and it paid out over 10 thousands dollars. If it wasn't​ working correctly they fixed or replaced. No arguments. I now have cornerstone extended warranty on my 2017 Carolina Skiff 21 ultra elite. Best money I spent. I purchased it two days before the factory warranty expired, this gave me the full warranty period.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Check out cornerstone extended warranty. I had the five year warranty and it paid out over 10 thousands dollars. If it wasn't​ working correctly they fixed or replaced. No arguments. I now have cornerstone extended warranty on my 2017 Carolina Skiff 21 ultra elite. Best money I spent. I purchased it two days before the factory warranty expired, this gave me the full warranty period.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will do sir. Thanks for the input

deonb

Read the fine print very carefully before you sign on the dotted line . . . :confused:

Thanks for the advice. I just looked at the wholesalewarranties exclusion list. Here it is the stuff that's not covered:

"AWNING MATERIAL, FRAME, STRUCTURAL DAMAGE,ADJUSTMENTS, ALIGNMENTS, BEDDING, BOWED WALLS OR CEILINGS, BUMPERS, CABINETRY; CABLE, SATELLITE AND TELEPHONEWIRING; CARPET, CANVAS, CAULKING OR GROUTING, CEILINGS, COSMETIC DAMAGE, DELAMINATION, DISCOLORATION OF ANYMATERIAL, COUNTERTOPS, DOORS, CARPET, FLOORING (WOOD, HARD SURFACE AND RESILIENT), FURNITURE, GLASS, GLAZING,GLUING COMPOUNDS, KNOBS OR DIALS, NON-FACTORY INSTALLED AUDIO SYSTEMS AND DISC PLAYERS, NON-FACTORY OR NONDEALERINSTALLED COMPONENTS, HAZARDOUS WASTE REMOVAL, LOOSE FASTENERS OR CONNECTIONS, LOUVERS,MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES OR SERVICES, MICROWAVE OR OVEN MEAT PROBES OR ROTISSERIES, RACKS, SHELVES, BASKETS ORBUCKETS, ROOFING MATERIALS, SEALANTS, SHEET METAL, SIDING, SHOP SUPPLIES, SQUEAKING, WARPING OR UNEVEN FLOORS,RAMPS, TIRES AND WHEELS/COVERS, UPHOLSTERY, VANITIES, VENTS, WALLS, WASHERS, WATER LEAK REPAIRS (OTHER THANPLUMBING), WEATHER STRIPPING, WHEEL BALANCING, WIND NOISES, RETRACTABLE SCREENS, WINDOW SHADES, TREATMENTSAND DRAPERIES, WINDOWS, WOOD FRAMING, WOODWORK AND MILLWORK."

I would have to think REALLY hard to name a part on an RV that's NOT listed in those exclusions!

JohnD

Thanks for the advice. I just looked at the wholesalewarranties exclusion list. Here it is the stuff that's not covered:

"AWNING MATERIAL, FRAME, STRUCTURAL DAMAGE,ADJUSTMENTS, ALIGNMENTS, BEDDING, BOWED WALLS OR CEILINGS, BUMPERS, CABINETRY; CABLE, SATELLITE AND TELEPHONEWIRING; CARPET, CANVAS, CAULKING OR GROUTING, CEILINGS, COSMETIC DAMAGE, DELAMINATION, DISCOLORATION OF ANYMATERIAL, COUNTERTOPS, DOORS, CARPET, FLOORING (WOOD, HARD SURFACE AND RESILIENT), FURNITURE, GLASS, GLAZING,GLUING COMPOUNDS, KNOBS OR DIALS, NON-FACTORY INSTALLED AUDIO SYSTEMS AND DISC PLAYERS, NON-FACTORY OR NONDEALERINSTALLED COMPONENTS, HAZARDOUS WASTE REMOVAL, LOOSE FASTENERS OR CONNECTIONS, LOUVERS,MAINTENANCE SUPPLIES OR SERVICES, MICROWAVE OR OVEN MEAT PROBES OR ROTISSERIES, RACKS, SHELVES, BASKETS ORBUCKETS, ROOFING MATERIALS, SEALANTS, SHEET METAL, SIDING, SHOP SUPPLIES, SQUEAKING, WARPING OR UNEVEN FLOORS,RAMPS, TIRES AND WHEELS/COVERS, UPHOLSTERY, VANITIES, VENTS, WALLS, WASHERS, WATER LEAK REPAIRS (OTHER THANPLUMBING), WEATHER STRIPPING, WHEEL BALANCING, WIND NOISES, RETRACTABLE SCREENS, WINDOW SHADES, TREATMENTSAND DRAPERIES, WINDOWS, WOOD FRAMING, WOODWORK AND MILLWORK."

I would have to think REALLY hard to name a part on an RV that's NOT listed in those exclusions!

Pretty amazing stuff.

Also, look at all of the maintenance requirements as well.

Often the cost of getting all of the Y E A R L Y maintenance requirements done can be more than what the price of the warranty is!

deonb

So you guys feel the extended coverage is probably not worth it?

It wouldn't cover anything that ever went wrong with my previous R/V, but it does cover some expensive stuff, like A/C, Fridge, etc. BUT those kind of things won't break the bank if you have to fix it yourself.

The stuff that's REALLY expensive like floors & walls that takes 5 figures to fix, isn't covered.

I basically want the exact opposite of what's covered in an extended warranty. I can handle an A/C that breaks myself. I can't replace a floor.

Ok so with what you just said paying 3-5000 bucks wouldn't make sense for their warranty as it seems to exclude anything really important. My coach will have auto leveling and the larger double fridge so I'm concerned about those items

esscobra

I searched as well- very seriously looked at good sam- but went with another xtra ride plan- paid for itself on previous unit - and also was worried about major things like fridge and auto level- like the costs if they have to replace the fridge- eiter out a window or remove slide I don't want to be paying that labor- I had nothing but good experiences with xtra ride and was added value when I sold my tt a for75.00 the new owners were able to transfer remaining year . dealers make a good amount off the warranty- the is a repair guy that is online and sells the extra ride an will email a quote- my dealer gave me what I felt was decent price- but good sam was cheaper- but online guy sent cheaper quote and my dealer matched it and was happy as I said I had good experiences with xtraride

JohnD

Getting an extended warranty on an RV is kinda like a trip to Vegas . . .

Sometimes they payout . . . mostly you pay out!

deonb

I believe I just got a quote for an extended Warranty which looks like it has no exclusions!

I requested one on a Road Warrior 427 and received a response yesterday from RVProtection / NationalRVWarranty.

I kid you not. This is the actual quote they sent me:

----
Hi, Deon!

We appreciate you looking to us for all your extended service needs. Our programs are offered by thousands of dealers nationwide. You may have service and repairs performed by any reputable repair facility. Payments are made direct to facility via corporate credit card. You simply present your policy in advance. No claim hassles, instant approvals, no wait times!

Did you want the cheapest or the best company that pays your claims!!!! WE PAY CLAIMS!

<snip>

For your 2018 Heartland RoadWarrior, here is your quote...

The list of Exclusions below
-

$500 Deductible- New Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel Trailer, & Toy Hauler
Click Here To View Plan Details
Term Plan Cost

Select 84 Months $4,184,625.00
Select 72 Months $4,184,483.00
Select 60 Months $4,184,251.00
Select 48 Months $4,184,223.00
Select 36 Months $4,184,188.00
Select 24 Months $4,184,121.00</snip>