Washer Dryer Combo Ventec or Ventless?

In our search for our upgraded fifth wheel one of the items high on the list is space/hookups for washer and dryer. If we may have some more of your experiencec advice on washer and dryers it would really help when we add the appliance to have your pros and cons on vented vs ventless. The new ventless looks tempting for the features of less humdity and residual room heat as well as an easier DYI install. We have heard that the vented dries faster than ventless. Your comments on the residential fridge has helped us on the fridge and now we have moved on to the W/D. Thank you, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have the stack-able washer and dryer. The one benefit we like is that there can be clothes drying while another load is washing.
I can't comment on the combo as we have never owned one.

Peace
Dave

kbbagshaw

We have a Dometic ventless combo. Have had nothing but trouble with overheating etc and throwing error codes. In the shop now. If I get another unit, it will be vented. If I have room, it will be separate not a combo.

mlpeloquin

If you want your laundry to dry in less than two hours and still have the close be damp, then non vent. The non vented dryer uses condensation build up and tries to pump it down the drain. Not very efficient and does not work very well, but does sort of work. I consider it a only if it cannot be vented at all choice. If you want to be happy, choose vented dryer. We have a Splendid Washer/Dryer combo unit and are very happy with it. With the combo, we only use the washer then take the close out and shake them. High spin is never used unless you want permanent wrinkles. It would be good for socks and underwear only. I put three wool dryer balls in and use the coolest heat setting. It does a good job. We never dry the shirts or pants. We shake them out and put them on hangers. We have only used cold water, Costco laundry soap pods, and believe it or not dollar store softener with water in a 50/50 mix. Works well for us. Never, never direct to dry unless you like a lot of wrinkles in your closes. We tried it with the bath towels and boy were they wrinkled. It went directly into the high heat setting. Very dry, but man were they wrinkled badly. We don't mind the time it takes to do the washing and drying, because we only do one or two loads in the later after noon or early morning. Once the dryer stops, you got to get the close out asap so they will not have the wrinkles set in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I stayed in a garage apartment for 3 months and they had a combo that was ventless. No matter what I did, clothes were always damp. I have a combo Spendide vented, and although the learning curve is steep to learn how to get the best performance, it does a very good job and worlds better than spending money and time using laundry mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

We have the stacked Splendide vented and like it better than our Samsung full sized side loaders. No problems, except once in a while the detergent cup has water. Just dump it.

farside291

We are the weird ones, We have both. We first bought a non-vented combo LG unit. Loved the washer and all the different cycles. We bought the LG because we have the larger version of the washer at home. No learning curve. As others have said, the non-vented combo unit will dry clothes, in about 2 hours. They will be extremely wrinkled if you do not remove them when damp and shake them out then hang to finish drying. That process lasted about 6 months and the DW said enough! We purchased a Splendide vented dryer and stacked in on top of the LG combo unit. Now we can wash and dry simultaneously and no more wrinkled, damp clothes hanging everywhere. We won't own another non-vented dryer unless we have no other choice. Oh and we can wash/dry towels and under garments in the combo unit while drying pants and shirts in the Splendide. Best of both worlds.