Rearranging the furniture

BluegrassMan

Hi All:

I'm sure the Landmark "owners" already know this, the living room furniture can be changed if you like. When I was looking at the Landmarks at an RV show, the factory "Rep", told me that you can change the locations of the recliners with the couch.

They aren't bolted down and can be moved. I must say the recliners are heavy so the couch may be real heavy for the ladies to do without help. So far we haven't changed the layout on our G.C. I'm sure before too long the wife will want to try it.

I just thought maybe some of you hadn't heard of that choice. It may be just another reason why you SHOULD have a Landmark.;)

Cheryl

I had seen that before in the floor plans on the website and in a brochure. But, for some reason it doesn't show that the Golden Gate can swap. Is it just an oversite or is it not capable?

davebennington

The Golden gate cannot be changed an the slides be brought in to the travel position. They can however be changed if not traveling.

Dave:)

jbeletti

At the end of the season, when cleaning the trailer, I rearranged mine for the first time and put the recliners and table in the rear cap. I was used to moving them around to stow for travel but I had never moved the sofa. It was heavier than I thought it would be but managable.

We'll probably try a few trips with the recliners in the rear cap but I don't think we'll leave it that way. We prefer to sit directly across from the TV in our recliners.

Reason that we are trying it at all is that I feel that the recliners are just too big in the dinette slide. We end up having to pull them way out into the room to use them in recline mode and the one still interferes with the dinette chairs if you swivel towards the rear of the trailer at all.

Ideally, I'd like to get some wall-away or wall-hugger styler recliners that aren't too over-stuffed. Even 2 inches narrower front-to-back and side-to-side would make me happier.

The Euro chairs interest me but I'd like to sit in some in a trailer to get a good feel for them.

Jim

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Hi Jim
My wife did not like the large recliners either, we tried them at the rear but like you we like to sit across from the TV. My wife found some euro recliners that are smaller and she can move them by herself. They are more lkie a reclining chair with a ottoman, but are very comfortable. The brand name is Pelicer, but they are not cheap, about five hundred each. I know there is a company that makes cheaper ones but we really like the size and like I said they are COMFORTABLE. To me that was important. Check on the net for more info.

BluegrassMan

rearranging furniture

Hi Guy's n' Gal's:

The Sea Breeze that we just traded in on the G.C. Had smaller scale recliners that were like the wall-hugger type. I remember them being a little firmer to the feel. OUrs were ultra leather (pleather) and soft material. The would have fit the G.C. well. Our living room feels a little BUSY with the J shaped counter and all.:cool:

Cheryl

Jim and Fireflipper,
Doesn't your TV pull out and turn? It does in the Golden Gate. In fact, so does the bedroom TV.
For now, I am still strong enough to move the chairs by myself. I'm sure that will probably change as I get older - but that's what i have Nelson for!:D

jbeletti

Hi Cheryl,

Yes, mine does pull out and swivel. But it does not pull out far enough to swivel 90 degrees. As such, the person sitting on the off-door-side will be not be viewing the set head-on. Always at an angle. Doable, but not ideal.

Jim

Cheryl

Okay, I haven't had the chance to see any other model, so I was just curious. I hope they have some at the Pittsburgh, PA RV show this January. I would love to see the layouts in person not just pictures online.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Cheryl
Mine is the same as Jim's. It does pull out and turn but not enough. Besides my wife did not like the recliners that came with our fiver. If I am not mistaken the factory is putting in the Euro recliners as an option.

slaytop

Hi all!
I was at the factory Tuesday and Randy was kind enough to replace a cabinet door without charge after the glass cracked when it snapped shut. I was impressed with the cordial welcome my wife and I received when we met with Randy at the service center - located a short distance from the Landmark factory. We felt the same cordial treatment when we toured the factory last summer. We noticed a number of Cyclones in their lot waiting to be delivered. We saw the first unit being manufactured during our tour and the models seem to be attracting attention.

Concerning the furniture arrangement, the Shenandoah has only one swivel rocker and the shorter length of the coach doesn't give any flexibility to move it to another location. I'm OK with that limitation. I was "sold" on the comfort of the leather reclining chair by my area salesman but in practice I am disappointed in how awkward it is to use. It is comfortable but when I pull it away from the wall far enough to recline fully, the base is on a downward slope at the end of the slide-out carpet. I need to prop up the front of the base to give it a level and more balanced feel. I would prefer a wall hugging chair to this one and I am considering to move the chair from the trailer to my house and get a new chair for the trailer. I would appreciate ideas of chairs that might work well in the RV.

Merry Christmas!
Larry

Last edited: