Induction stovetop

G_S

Has anyone had their stovetop sound like it is running when it is turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I had the 2-burner induction cooktop in my last coach for 2.5 years and never had that issue. Sometimes when washing it, we'd hit the controls and it would beep, then silence itself.

Are you hearing the cooling fans come on, on the bottom of the unit when it is off?

G_S

Yes, the cooling fan is on continuous run.

jbeletti

Yes, the cooling fan is on continuous run.

Sounds like it's time for a new top. Please call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. They are real easy to change out. I had to change mine as one of the glass shades from a ceiling light came off and fell onto the top. Oops!

My friend Terry H used some fishing line to cut the silicone seal around the top, we unplugged it and pressed up on it from below and it came right out. Cleaned up the silicone from the counter, added a new bead, put the new top in, placed something heavy on it for the day, plugged it in and viola!

G_S

Sounds like it's time for a new top. Please call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. They are real easy to change out. I had to change mine as one of the glass shades from a ceiling light came off and fell onto the top. Oops!

My friend Terry H used some fishing line to cut the silicone seal around the top, we unplugged it and pressed up on it from below and it came right out. Cleaned up the silicone from the counter, added a new bead, put the new top in, placed something heavy on it for the day, plugged it in and viola!

Thanks I have a new top coming and will do it myself.