MCD shades falling off valance

Mrz

One of the shades in my 2016 Big Horn 3575 Elite is falling off the valance. What's the easiest way to reattach it. Looking at it, it looks like I need to remove both solar and night shades. Each has 4 Phillips screws on each end. Don't know how to get to the solar roller shade which is positioned on top of the day shade. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
One of the shades in my 2016 Big Horn 3575 Elite is falling off the valance. What's the easiest way to reattach it. Looking at it, it looks like I need to remove both solar and night shades. Each has 4 Phillips screws on each end. Don't know how to get to the solar roller shade which is positioned on top of the day shade. Any help is appreciated.

There is a track that is attached to the valance. The shades have a spring release of sorts that clips into the track. If you reach your fingers up between the valance and the shade, you will feel the track. Run your fingers along the track and you will feel the catches. There is a small tang on the front side of the catch. Pull down on it and it will release from the track. There is one near each end of the shade. The issue you are having could be one of two things. The track could be pulling loose from the valance which means the shade needs to be removed and the track screwed back in. The other would be that one of the catches has simply come free from the track. In that case, just push it back in place. You need to be sure that the back of the clip hooks in the track and then push the front tang up hard until it snaps in.

rxbristol

The MCD blinds are attached to the valance by clips. The clips are screwed into the valance. The clip has a longer lip on one side...use a long screwdriver to push on this lip to release the MCD blind and it can be pushed back into place by setting the blind into the rear of the clip and then pushing the blinds into the clip. The day and night blinds are attached to a bracket to make them one unit.

Mrz

The MCD blinds are attached to the valance by clips. The clips are screwed into the valance. The clip has a longer lip on one side...use a long screwdriver to push on this lip to release the MCD blind and it can be pushed back into place by setting the blind into the rear of the clip and then pushing the blinds into the clip. The day and night blinds are attached to a bracket to make them one unit.

Thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions and was able to put the shades back. Not easy, but after a while I got it.

Thanks again!

Piperflyer

I had two of the wood screws holding my shade clips come out and it left the 8' shade hanging to one side. I was able to release the other two holding clips and took the shade down. I removed the two clips that were still intact. I then reinstalled all the clip wood screws (4) with guerrilla glue and let them sit overnight. I figured it was going to be a pain to reinstall the shade track, just because it was quite heavy to hold up. I was able to get one end clip in at one end and then the other. This held the track in place, so I was able to snap the remaining two clips in place. Job was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Took less than a minute to reinstall, was so glad of that.

orion7144

On our first long trip (over some bumpy freeways) my big shade on the rear window has fallen off. The ends of the shade I can not seem to find and the clips are gone. Only the track is hanging on by 1 screw. I will have to wait for another day to try and find the end pieces. Will heartland send parts?

Piperflyer

On our first long trip (over some bumpy freeways) my big shade on the rear window has fallen off. The ends of the shade I can not seem to find and the clips are gone. Only the track is hanging on by 1 screw. I will have to wait for another day to try and find the end pieces. Will heartland send parts?

Call Heartland with your vin number or email to MidWestParts@Heartlandrvs.com - request the parts you need. They will ship what you need.

orion7144

You might have faster luck calling MCD direct. They are based in McKinney TX, and have very good customer service.

customerservice@mcdinnovations.com

P: 800.804.1757

I just had a chance to take down the valence to get to the rail. I found all the parts but I noticed that the end pieces are not secured to the track. It looks like one backed out of the track causing the shade to fall.
6cde5710110a6c90df6ca6f5cdceab66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ldo

Have MCD Manual Shades. For some reason that I can not discern they will not come down or unroll. Any suggestions? Thanks, ldo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk