Mileage on a diesel

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Nope, she's barely broke in. That's around the mileage I look for when buying a used diesel. I like to get them while the engine still has a litle waranty just in case I get a lemon.

Bought my '06 F350 with 92k on it. Bought my '04 Dodge 3500 with 86k on it.

My 2000 F350 had 347,000 on it when I traded it and it ran great.

jnbhobe

Thats just getting broke in. If it has good maintaince records you sould be goodto go.Take the serial# to your ford dealer and have him runit on oasis,that will tell you what ford has done to it.:)

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
I have a customer with three PS diesel's and all have 350,000 and one with a touch over 510,000. Granted Tranny work has been done but the engines are good to go. I agree with the others it is still new PROVIDED IT WAS MAINTAINED. Good luckNone

StevieWonder

Ask if they have service records. Timely oil changes are absolutely crucial to good diesel maintenance. If the engine and transmission have been properly maintained, your only real worries will center around things like air conditioning, power accessories (windows, locks, etc), suspension wear/tear items like shocks and steering components and engine compartment items like power steering pump, water pump, radiator, hoses, etc.

Well maintained, 300K miles should be no problem.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thats just getting broke in. If it has good maintaince records you sould be goodto go.Take the serial# to your ford dealer and have him runit on oasis,that will tell you what ford has done to it.:)

Yep, forgot about Fords oasis. Definate must get and find out if the warranty on the engine was voided because of performance chips or whatever too.

mmflytie

Thanks. That makes me feel a whole lot better!
Marc

I won the bid. 2006 F250 Crew 4x4, Lariat( leather/ sunroof) tow , 6.0 with 76,000 miles for $19,500. Very clean!
Now I just have to find a Bighorn or Big Country to go with it