Upgraded Steps

I was really tired of the flimsy entry steps on my 2014 Cyclone. We are a family of 7 that use our RV alot and the steps began to sag and have never really felt great. After doing a lot of research, I decided to go with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7CIHTM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These steps only took me 15 minutes to install and are such an upgrade. I decided that these, at $300 (Amazon Prime) were a better value than the Glowsteps that can cost north of $550 each. Very glad I did this as we now have a very safe and solid steps up and down.

I have NO idea why the pics are sideways after I uploaded....they are a before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 265

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have NO idea why the pics are sideways after I uploaded....they are a before and after.

Probably because you took them with an iPhone.

I know it is hard . . . but with iPhones you must resist taking vertical photos if you plan on posting them to the internet as for some reason they always show a vertical photo sideways.

iPhones . . . always shoot horizontal photos.

We have the GlowSteps and love them!

ProwlerGlowStep8-P3200628.jpg

Lynn1130

I looked up and posted the reason for the sideways photos from IPhone and it has to do with photo coding but I cannot remember the details. That probably has to do with age but I won't admit it.

fritzwell

Do they fold up in place to stow or carry in garage ? Look good and most certainly more stable than factory spring board steps !
Also, when I opened the pictures and then clicked on the they reopened correctly.

danemayer

They are very solid. Some of us have wondered about how far they stick out from the RV and whether that could be inconvenient in some circumstances. As you gain experience at rest stops or at narrow sites, or at trucks stops, please circle back around to let everyone know how they work out.

Mrz

They are very solid. Some of us have wondered about how far they stick out from the RV and whether that could be inconvenient in some circumstances. As you gain experience at rest stops or at narrow sites, or at trucks stops, please circle back around to let everyone know how they work out.

We installed similar steps made by Lippert and love them. With the Lippert step the first step out of the door is twice as wide as the rest. So when your hands are full and you can't see below you are stepping onto a platform. We love them and they have never stuck out too far. Everyone who has seen or stood on them really likes them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tree14

They look great do they fold or store the same way the OEM do?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
For those with the aftermarket MOR/ryde steps.
MOR/ryde has a storage bin coming out to fill up that new space under the door.

Lynn1130

I looked at the steps mentioned here and would love to install them but I have the trailer parked in a covered storage lot and the boat in the space next to me is just about far enough away to allow opening my doors. These steps would not come down without raking the boat and I am sure the owner would not like that at all.

The glow steps would be great if it were not for the fact that a pair would run me a grand.

Correction. I just looked them up and it would be $600+.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I looked at the steps mentioned here and would love to install them but I have the trailer parked in a covered storage lot and the boat in the space next to me is just about far enough away to allow opening my doors. These steps would not come down without raking the boat and I am sure the owner would not like that at all.

The glow steps would be great if it were not for the fact that a pair would run me a grand.

Watch for sales! They happened to offer a great deal to those who came to their seminar in Goshen, 40% off! They have an active Facebook page, and often when they are at RV shows (Hershey, Florida) they have contests to win a set, or discounts off purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Or just buy one set for the door you use the most.

Mrz

They look great do they fold or store the same way the OEM do?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Yes they fold into the door opening with no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

For those with the aftermarket MOR/ryde steps.
MOR/ryde has a storage bin coming out to fill up that new space under the door.
Any idea of when or where we can see the storage bin?

porthole

Retired
Yes they fold into the door opening with no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea of when or where we can see the storage bin?

At Goshen Gary Wheeler from MOR/ryde said about a month. So I would guess some time in August.