09 Landmark - ANTENNA HOOKUP

We have owned our Heartland Augusta Landmark since 2009 - we bought it new. I guess we never tried to run the TV in the living room off the outside antenna. We have always had park cable OR satellite. Here is my question: We have the original TV - a Samsung - and there is a place to plug in an "antenna". However, there are two hookups on the wall behind the TV and they are "CABLE" and "SATELLITE". There is no "switch" on the wall to allow the TV to hook up to the antenna attached to the RV.
Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

"Cable" is short for Cable/Antenna. The coax from the cable connection outside, and the rooftop antenna come together at the signal booster. From the signal booster, both signals go to the bedroom, basement, and living room.

For antenna, the signal booster LED must be ON (press the button and it should stay IN). For cable, the signal booster LED must be OFF (press the button again and it should stay OUT).

You'll probably have to orient the antenna.

1. Crank it up
  2. Pull down on the split ring at the crank
  3. Rotate the lower part to turn the antenna
  4. Release.

When packing up, rotate the split ring to align the points and crank down the antenna.

Most TVs will have to be set via menu to AIR or ANTENNA vs CABLE, and you'll have to do a channel scan. Some TVs will have a signal strength readout to help you fine tune the antenna orientation.

If you still have trouble, given that your trailer is 8-9 years old, you may find you have to clean coax connectors and tighten them.

ksucats

You may also have a problem with the Antenna batwing head. On my prior unit we could not get the local channels once they went digital as the head unit was not compatible. I don't know the specifics but we ended up having to purchase another head unit and it worked great after that. It was a few years older than yours though but an item to check especially since you are able to use cable and satellite.