Ford ESP deductible which one?

tessa

Hi
I've decided to get the Ford ESP warranty on my truck - just not sure which deductible to get.
50.00 deductible is 195 more than the 100
0.00 deductible is 595 more than the 100

going to get the 8 year 125000 mile one

any thoughts?

thanks- Steve

Hi
I've decided to get the Ford ESP warranty on my truck - just not sure which deductible to get.
50.00 deductible is 195 more than the 100
0.00 deductible is 595 more than the 100

going to get the 8 year 125000 mile one

any thoughts?

thanks- Steve

How much are they banging you for it? One thing to keep in mind is that in the event of trading or selling the truck you get some, not all of that cash back. They pro rate it and even if you traded the truck with say, only 20k into ownership and haven't exhausted the factory 36k warranty, they still jack you for several hundred dollars on the extended ESP you purchased. It should be illegal but they do it.

If your gonna buy one prolly get the Ford. One other caveat; if you have Gieco insurance they sell a ESP for like 7 bucks a month. It will kick in after the 36k factory warranty and is good for 100k with a 100 deductible. Just food for thought and you won't have to lay down 3-5 grand up front for the ESP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tessa

we have the truck and want to keep it for 8-10 years. I think I will do the 50.00 deductible. we have state farm so a esp with geico won't work- but that is good to know about. thanks
it will be the Ford ESP

HOOKERUP

Def. Ford ESP. When I had my 2011 F-350. I waited till I was almost to 36 K miles (money was better in my wallet then theres ). Shop around to different dealers and different states for the best deal. Best thing about Ford ESP there will be no hassle at any Ford dealer you use it at, also you will be in Fords system.

Pizzaguy

Keep in mind that the $50.00 deductible is for each thing you take it in for. If you take it to dealer for 2 different problems, it is $50.00 each. Ford ESP is the only one to get, and look at Flood Ford ESP for the cheapest. I have bought it for two different trucks and they are awesome. Refunded unused portion for first truck promptly and I purchased it for second truck.

jnbhobe

I get $50 ded. for my own stuff and $100 for my company cars. I pay $50 over cost to my dealer. Also I have never payed two deductibles,any number of items are one deductible.

tessa

thanks for all the info- I will do the 50.00- good to know it's not for each separate item

plshilo

Guys, one more thing with GEICO is you Don't have to take it to Ford after the warranty. The Only Problem we found it is Only Good for SRW trucks....

rcox

Keep in mind that the $50.00 deductible is for each thing you take it in for. If you take it to dealer for 2 different problems, it is $50.00 each. Ford ESP is the only one to get, and look at Flood Ford ESP for the cheapest. I have bought it for two different trucks and they are awesome. Refunded unused portion for first truck promptly and I purchased it for second truck.
this does not concern the esp plan but could not help but notice you have firestone air bags. i have 2011 f350 cc 4x4 and was under the impression they would not work because of the ford installed crossmember for the fifth wheel hitch. is there a workaround for installing them? thanks for any info this

porthole

Retired

It is supposed be to per repair visit, not per item.

Last edited:

Pizzaguy

Porthole- I have never needed to use the ESP, but that is what the dealer that originally tried to sell it to me old me when I asked the question about going in for more than one thing .
rcox- did not have a problem with the install of the Firestone bags but I don't have the factory fifth wheel prep package either.

tessa

thanks for all the info- got mine on Friday with the 50.00 ded-

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for all the info- got mine on Friday with the 50.00 ded-