Out of state purchasing.

As I'm mentioned before in previous posts' I am very close to purchasing a Torque 345 5er. I'm getting jacked around so much by the local dealers trying to absolutely hose me on the price of the coach that I began looking out of state to buy. They are using the old "we can't keep em on the shelves long enough" speech to make it sound like finding what I want will be hard with long waiting periods so I need to buy from them and pay rediculous prices.

I have been speaking with Lakeshore RV in Michigan and have no problem making the drive as I've seen a 10-14k difference in price from what the local dealers are willing to sell the coach for.

I was pretty set on using Lakeshore until I spoke with a factory rep from Heartland this morning that had some pretty strong warnings in regards to using that particular dealer. I read a few positive posts' about Lakeshore and several were happy but the rep made some good points.

What I'm doing is my due diligence prior to making this purchase as it will be the last RV I'll ever be able to buy.

Anyone that has purchased from Lakeshore, or any other out of state purchase where you had to make a long trek to haul the coach back to your home state, I would really like to hear about your experience, good and bad. It would sure help me out a bunch and thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
I know what you mean, I reside in central CA and finally ending up ordering my coach from RVWholesalers in Ohio. They were simple to work with, we did the walk through using Utube and pictures by email. I had the coach delivered to my house from their lot for around $4,500 and they arranged it - much easier than driving back to pick it up and after figuring fuel both ways and overnight accommodations it wasn't that bad of a deal. All paperwork was done over the internet and I ended up saving about $20,000 over what the best deal I could get here on the West coast. Give them a call at 1 877 877-4494

Web page is Rvwholesalers.com

Hope it works out for you

NHCelt

Live in NH and ordered through a dealer in VA...with trade done via photos. They were the best price of the three east coast dealers I dealt with. I got them to compete, and then one dropped out. Nobody would go lower so they were it....

Have not been back for service and likely never will...they are now a camping world.

My local dealer, three hours from me, offered to match but I gave the sale to the guy that did the work.

Good luck.

Paradise2

As I'm mentioned before in previous posts' I am very close to purchasing a Torque 345 5er. I'm getting jacked around so much by the local dealers trying to absolutely hose me on the price of the coach that I began looking out of state to buy. They are using the old "we can't keep em on the shelves long enough" speech to make it sound like finding what I want will be hard with long waiting periods so I need to buy from them and pay rediculous prices.

I have been speaking with Lakeshore RV in Michigan and have no problem making the drive as I've seen a 10-14k difference in price from what the local dealers are willing to sell the coach for.

I was pretty set on using Lakeshore until I spoke with a factory rep from Heartland this morning that had some pretty strong warnings in regards to using that particular dealer. I read a few positive posts' about Lakeshore and several were happy but the rep made some good points.

What I'm doing is my due diligence prior to making this purchase as it will be the last RV I'll ever be able to buy.

Anyone that has purchased from Lakeshore, or any other out of state purchase where you had to make a long trek to haul the coach back to your home state, I would really like to hear about your experience, good and bad. It would sure help me out a bunch and thanks.

We purchased ours from Lakeshore and we are out of AZ....actually drove there to pick it up. I don't think I would use their service crew, but the price was a big savings. they let us stay on their lot in the unit for two days having stuff done on it. Added a hitch to back of trailer for bike rack. Had them spray the paint protection....horrible job...do it elsewhere..still fighting to get it redone and we purchased this in March! Didn't care for the dealers here in AZ....very pushy and with all the stuff hubby added to it - it was priced very high so basically with it pretty much loaded would of been what we would of paid for a basic unit in az....so definitely best to purchase back east.....we used John and Sam...

We purchased ours from Lakeshore and we are out of AZ....actually drove there to pick it up. I don't think I would use their service crew, but the price was a big savings. they let us stay on their lot in the unit for two days having stuff done on it. Added a hitch to back of trailer for bike rack. Had them spray the paint protection....horrible job...do it elsewhere..still fighting to get it redone and we purchased this in March! Didn't care for the dealers here in AZ....very pushy and with all the stuff hubby added to it - it was priced very high so basically with it pretty much loaded would of been what we would of paid for a basic unit in az....so definitely best to purchase back east.....we used John and Sam...

Johns the guy I've been dealing with and he's been great. But then again I haven't made the deal yet so I'm a a bit worried about after the dust settles. If you get a coach that needs very little warranty care then it's probably the way to go. I just envision a horror story like what I went thru before on my last Keystone Raptor and getting the warranty items taken care of. Which is why I am considering buying here in Southern Calif. bit dang, 12 grand diff??? I just don't know

BusManRG

Where in Ca. are you? Ca. has lots of dealers.
Yes, California has a number of dealers! And I believe I probably talked to every one that carries Big Horn. We had a terrible time getting them to work with us! Now I realize that we had a trade which contributed to the problem, but sometimes it felt like talking to a brick wall. At one point we had a deal agreed upon in writing by a local dealer that we had dealt with in the past, but when we showed up to finalize everything they backed out. Even though it was in writing! We ended up purchasing through Happy Daze in Sacramento. Happy with how things turned out but by then we had already talked to Heartland a number of times about our frustrations and I think the Heartland rep put a bug in their ear and they were encouraged to make things work. I do a lot of homework before any purchase, but we just weren't comfortable going out of state considering that we had a trade to deal with

Sandy

Oregon_Camper

Lakeshore is great. We drove there and back from Oregon to get our 301BQ. They treated us great! They offered to let us spend the night in their lot, attached to full hookups, so we could test everything in a real-world situation.

They were able to get us a great deal on a Equalizer hitch....which is the best hitch in my option, other that the Hensley, but that was just a bit out of my price range.

Lakeshore will provide you a starter kit, but it isn't much really. I would highly recommend a quality sewer hose...like the Camco 39761. The LAST thing you want is sewage leaking!!

Battery...I would ask Lakeshore to install 2 Trojan T-1275 batteries. They are NOT cheap, but they are the best (again...in my opinion). Lakeshore will be able to get a good price and they can get you a battery box and do all the wiring.

Oh...tell them you're using Oregon_Campers PDI....they have seen it countless times. They told me that when I showed up, something like "...we have the guy that wrote that darn PDI!!. :cool:

mlpeloquin

Johns the guy I've been dealing with and he's been great. But then again I haven't made the deal yet so I'm a a bit worried about after the dust settles. If you get a coach that needs very little warranty care then it's probably the way to go. I just envision a horror story like what I went thru before on my last Keystone Raptor and getting the warranty items taken care of. Which is why I am considering buying here in Southern Calif. bit dang, 12 grand diff??? I just don't know

If it is Lakeshore or someone else, first call and find a local independent RV repair shop that is approved by Heartland near you. Use them and not a local dealer. Most dealers, not all, have first priority on getting new sales prepped and out the door. They do not really want to service a rig that they did not sell, but will, and give it a very low priority on getting you in. Some take months to do the work because of this. An independent wants to get your rig in and out and are motivated to get the job done correctly the first time. They do not want or need bad reviews.

Paradise2

Ours has been in for service since April...our service company is awesome and always did a great job when we had a motorhome. Just having a hard time getting warranty to pay for the time it took them to fix it...warranty said it didn't take that long to install it while it was on the assembly line...well duh..didn't have to take anything apart to fix it! La Mesa told us that if we didn't purchase from them then we wouldn't be considered a priority on getting any work done on it....but we still chose to drive to Lakeshore as we saved 20K easily and it only cost us maybe 1K to get it including food, lodging, etc....nice drive also. Anyone can do the warranty work as long as they except Heartland. We found out by two people out at Nascar that purchased their units from Lakeshore and they were out of northern Ca....so that made our decision. Good luck!

If it is Lakeshore or someone else, first call and find a local independent RV repair shop that is approved by Heartland near you. Use them and not a local dealer. Most dealers, not all, have first priority on getting new sales prepped and out the door. They do not really want to service a rig that they did not sell, but will, and give it a very low priority on getting you in. Some take months to do the work because of this. An independent wants to get your rig in and out and are motivated to get the job done correctly the first time. They do not want or need bad reviews.

Yeah I found one fairly local to me that services and provides warranty repairs for Heartland.

esscobra

all local dealers are owned by same dealership- they wanted retail and wouldn't budge on loaded special order- lucked out and found dealer 3 hrs away and saved 20k- service is good there as well as found local repair shop that is heartland authorized and 30 min away. Amazed at how ****** local dealer was when I bought somewhere else - gave them plenty of chances and told them I know they have to make money but I wasn't going to pay for their new dealerships by myself
-

Securityman

I bought my cyclone 3110 up at lakeshore , I did save some good money and I knew I wouldn't have to use the warranty because I do most the work myself so it's done the right way . Now I will tell you the bad these people will rob parts out of every cyclone they have there and put them in other cyclones to get them out the door . I was driving up from North Carolina they knew I was coming a week before and To have my camper all ready . Well sure enough it wasn't !!! I was there all day then took my time with the PDI to make sure everything was right . I had some parts that were missing they robbed what They could out of the other cyclones. They made promises that they will Drop ship my parts to my house for the missing things . What a disaster that was , finally called heartland and told him the whole story they were super nice got me all the right things and ship them all to my house . The service guy there Mike was a super good guy took his time with me show me everything and really seem to care . The sales team was the typical sales people , and the paperwork girl in the office was pleasant to deal with and pleasant to look at ,lol. Would I do it again , maybe but this is my last camper just too expensive for what these things are .

pjones1969

will rob parts out of every cyclone they have there and put them in other cyclones to get them out the door

haha, reminds me of when I was looking at cyclones, the dealer has several locations around Texas, 4 within driving distance, I went to another location to check out a 4150 instead of having them bring it to the location I was dealing with (really liked my salesman), everywhere I looked it was missing something, salesman called me while I was there and asked how it was, I told him if it sits here any longer there wouldn't be anything left of it, he swore they would not think of doing that at his location, fast forward to PDI day on my 3800, they robbed parts off other units to get me out the door, I told them I wasn't leaving until everything was complete, not buying that I'll get it for you nonsense

First trip my wife noticed a screen missing, called the service manger, sent him measurements and pictures, he said it's in the mail, 3 week later I call back, same story, ended up calling heartland with vin in hand and asked if any parts were on order, nothing........ really? I asked if I could just get it sent to me and they did, got it 2 days ago

Spacerat

Lakeshore is great. We drove there and back from Oregon to get our 301BQ. They treated us great! They offered to let us spend the night in their lot, attached to full hookups, so we could test everything in a real-world situation.

They were able to get us a great deal on a Equalizer hitch....which is the best hitch in my option, other that the Hensley, but that was just a bit out of my price range.

Lakeshore will provide you a starter kit, but it isn't much really. I would highly recommend a quality sewer hose...like the Camco 39761. The LAST thing you want is sewage leaking!!

Battery...I would ask Lakeshore to install 2 Trojan T-1275 batteries. They are NOT cheap, but they are the best (again...in my opinion). Lakeshore will be able to get a good price and they can get you a battery box and do all the wiring.

Oh...tell them you're using Oregon_Campers PDI....they have seen it countless times. They told me that when I showed up, something like "...we have the guy that wrote that darn PDI!!. :cool:

We are in Oregon as well and just ordered a Torque T31 from Lakeshore. Lookin forward to the new trailer!

jimtoo

We are in Oregon as well and just ordered a Torque T31 from Lakeshore. Lookin forward to the new trailer!

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new Torque.
Jim M