Body material type

Hogman48

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows what the structure about 6 to 8 inches behind the pin box opening is? The same area that the clip to hold up the generator door is located. I want to put a spring system to hold my trailer wing to drop straight down to the connector on my bumper. I have had a problem with the wiring getting pulled out because it loops der my receiver.

Thanks
Hogman48

Cyclone 4100king

pjones1969

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows what the structure about 6 to 8 inches behind the pin box opening is? The same area that the clip to hold up the generator door is located. I want to put a spring system to hold my trailer wing to drop straight down to the connector on my bumper. I have had a problem with the wiring getting pulled out because it loops der my receiver.

Thanks
Hogman48

Cyclone 4100king

that happened to me once with my last truck, I put an in bed plug in, they make them plug and play, very easy install, usually cost under $100 on Amazon, example below, you'll just have to find the one that fits your truck, my DRW had one from the factory

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-Trai...21&sr=8-4-fkmr1&keywords=7+pin+plug+in+bed+rv

danemayer

Hello,

Thanks
Hogman48

Cyclone 4100king
Hi Hogman48,

On our Landmark, the material wrapped under the pinbox is a sheet of Filon, a thin fiberglas siding maybe 3/16" thick. If you press up in the area you're considering, you should be able to feel anything backing it. There may not be much.

Jesstalkn has a mod of his electrical connections that includes a coiled cord. You might get some inspiration from what he's done. Here's a link.