ATF: Mallard - Table was not provided by dealer when purchased new

RocketSAM

When I bought my M32 the dealer said that there was a problem with the table and so they had to order a new one. That was April 29. Now they say that this specific kind of fold-up table is only used in my trailer and that the factory will not give them another one even though they have asked for a replacement and are telling me that they are stuck and don't know what to do that maybe I can call Heartland?

I have a trailer with NO Table, do you know how can I get a fold-up table for my new trailer?

I have already taken the family out for camping trips and its very difficult to use the trailer as designed without a table.

Thank you.

jimtoo

Hi RocketSAM,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

klp605

We recently purchased a 2018 M32. The table does not fold up. There are 2 removable, round support bars to hold it in place and then a separate piece that is used to turn the dinette into a bed. However, jimtoo provided great advice about contacting Heartland. Their warranty department is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

When I bought my M32 the dealer said that there was a problem with the table and so they had to order a new one. That was April 29. Now they say that this specific kind of fold-up table is only used in my trailer and that the factory will not give them another one even though they have asked for a replacement and are telling me that they are stuck and don't know what to do that maybe I can call Heartland?

I have a trailer with NO Table, do you know how can I get a fold-up table for my new trailer?

I have already taken the family out for camping trips and its very difficult to use the trailer as designed without a table.

Thank you.

If there was a scratch or gouge or other damage to the table from the factory, the dealer has to notify Heartland promptly after the trailer is delivered. If they don't, they may lose support for a warranty replacement because that type of damage is quite common when the trailer is on the dealer lot or used at an RV show. And of course, damage while in the care of the dealer is not a factory defect, so it's not covered by warranty. The dealer has to cover the cost.

So the dealer's story to you may really come down to who pays for the table.

Of course the table can be ordered while the dealer and Heartland are negotiating who pays.

Another possibility is if your trailer was built a while ago and has been on the dealer lot waiting for you to fall in love with it, the table that came with the trailer may no longer be available. Furniture manufacturers change their product lines, just like trailer manufacturers do. Heartland doesn't stock tables, so it's possible the delay and uncertainty is from trying to figure out where to get a table that is like the original.

If that's the case, while Heartland and the dealer are working the problem, perhaps you can shop tables locally and if you find something, ask them to pay for it.

Let us know what Heartland says.

RocketSAM

UPDATE:

First, thanks to those who gave me their inputs - much appreciated.

Went in today and met with management. So I think they have a path to resolve the matter which they are going to pay for. I will know in a few days. We'll see.

We have ran into the dealer saying items were denied by heartland yet they were never submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk