Never forget to raise your tailgate

prelucir

The wife and had a displeasing time camping last weekend as it was windy the entire time. So we cut it short by one day as I had an attitude by that time. Anyhow, when we went to leave, we managed to remember everything we needed to remember, except raising the tailgate.

I ended up putting my tailgate right through the door to the battery compartment.

I want to post a photo, but I cannot figure out how. The icon above only allows me to ad an URL, I have the photo on my hard drive.

-John

jimtoo

Hi John,

I'm sure your not the first to leave the tailgate down and modify the front compartment door.

You should be able to post a picture now or after maybe one more post.

Jim M

rhodies1

No you are not the first and won't be the last,my friend did this same thing last week on his travel travel.Did hurt the trailer because of front jack but didn't do his tail board any good,new truck ,first trip out with new truck.

MTPockets

Yep, did that myself when Bighorn was about one year old... my gash was centered in the door about 18" long. I found a piece of plastic diamond plate 24" long at ACE hardware that covered it nicely. I then bolted my HOC plaque to the plate. I actually liked the look and you could not tell the door was ever damaged...

Lynn1130

Not saying that I could not/would not do this if I were not careful, but my tailgate will not make contact with the trailer unless I pass the pin by at least a foot.

LBR

Not saying that I could not/would not do this if I were not careful, but my tailgate will not make contact with the trailer unless I pass the pin by at least a foot.
I'm gathering they mean tailgate down when hooked up properly and making a corner when driving.

mlpeloquin

I added a V tool box to the front of the bed and a V tailgate. Now I plug into the connector mounted in the bumper instead of inside of the bed. So now I cannot forget to close the tailgate.

prelucir

trailer door.jpg

That what it looks like. I have already ordered a new door. I am sure I will be much more careful now.

Just so you know, $273.00 plus freight shipping is the price of stupidity.

I am waiting for it to arrive.

-John