Out Side Kitchen Door

Grizz88

The sill on my out side kitchen door always sits with water in it. We had some real driving rain this last week and now the wood framing below the counter top as well as the one end of the counter is swollen and even some mold...The frame that makes up the sill tilts into the opening shouldn't it tilt outward? Fix?

Thanks...My first post
Its a 2013 Heartland Ultra Light 32BUDS

danemayer

Hi Grizz88,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. Hopefully another owner with a similar outdoor kitchen can offer some insight.

Roller4tan

On all my compartment doors I removed the bottom and side screws one at a time and added caulk to the holes and head of the screws after inserting them. Water still accumulates, but has no where to cause damage.

I just posted the same issue, interesting. I've noted that other manufacturers have screws on the inside of the track. Poor design that is going to cost me about $1,000.

Grizz88

It appears that I may have discovered the real issue. There is a piece of molding that covers the anchor trim for the rubber roof. It became un attached on the top side only and laid open like a gutter. the last place we camped the trees were in pollen and the camper is covered with it. The pollen plugged up this trim piece allowing water to build up run down the wall into the out side kitchen. I snapped it back into place and the kitchen stayed dry all weekend. The only "what if" is the fact that all of this weekends rain came from the opposite direction so it recvd no direct rain. However its drier than its been in quite awhile.