Factory Installed Furrion Camera housing

lainest

I have a 2018 NT and I bought a wireless furrion camera to plug into the mount/housing already on my new trailer.
The camera and the monitor will not pair.
Is the mount wired into my 12V system or is that something that I need to do?

Thanks,

Elaine

richheck

Seasoned Member
Elaine, I have heard of two separate wire configurations. One was directly to a constant 12 volt source and one was to the clearance lights so you would have to turn on your lights for the camera to operate. I wired mine to the clearance lights to eliminate the camera being on constantly being I always drive with my lights on anyways. Try connecting the coach to the towing vehicle and turn on the headlights to see if that eliminates the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

'Lil Guy'

The jack on your screen in the truck has a separate jack about a foot down the cord. The camera has to be close to the screen to pair. You have to take the camera inside the truck and plug its cord into the screen cord for it to pair. Then, after it has paired you can unplug it and install in the mount on the rear of the trailer.

lainest

Rich and Frank, Thanks for your help. I have the camera paired now. It worked plugged in inside the truck. But it does not display anything when plugged into the mount cable. Any more ideas? How difficult is it to splice into my RV power? Especially since the mount is 10 feet off the ground. Are there wiring diagrams or typical places I would gain access to the 12V wiring?

Thank you,

Elaine

richheck

Seasoned Member
Elaine, I spliced into the overhead clearance light just above the camera. Was very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

'Lil Guy'

When you removed your cover from the mount, it should have had the connection there to plug into. If so, did you have your battery switch on and 12 volt power to the rig? You can check the wiring to make sure it is hooked up by gently pulling it out of the opening. Maybe a wire is loose. Again, if you are on shore power or running on battery with the battery switch to on, you should have a blue light come on the camera. If it lights up blue, it should work.
Again, if you're prewired, pull the wires out and make sure they're still attached. Good luck and keep us posted.

n which model of Furion are you using? I am thinking about gettinga Furion for my Landmark. Thanks in advance!QUOTE=pjones1969;551909]Mine required a 10 amp fuse to be installed in an empty fuse holder, if it doesn't work when you are hooked up and have your running lights on, follow the link I have in this thread, maybe it's wired like this

Cyclone - Back up camera

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...owners.org/showpost.php?p=547592&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Oregon_Camper

which model of Furion are you using? I am thinking about getting a Furion for my Landmark.

Assuming your Landmark already has the cover installed (but no camera) you need to order the Furrion "Observation". The Observation model will run all the time (when powered) not just when you put your truck in reverse.

The video quality is amazing...even as you're driving down I-5 at 65 mph.

Here is the link to the camera on Amazon. If you're close to Beaverton, I could show you this camera and how it works on my Bighorn. I installed mine about a month ago.

81VGDVQZHHL._SL1500_.jpg