Legs troubleshoot

Motorized legs have stopped working. Was in the process of leveling by extending the legs and stopped with no hint of a problem. No blown fuse or tripped breaker. Before going through the hassles of returning for service, any check points suggestions? Camper is FW, 08 3300BHS, Sundance.

Also, any concerns with pulling the estop cable to lock the wheels for added stability?

Thanks for any help.

wshamby01

The fuse for the jack motor is in-line right by the battery I believe. Be sure to check it. I have blown one before. As for the brake cable if you are talking about the break away cable do not use it for stability. Not only will it run your battery dead if you are not plugged up it will ruin your brake magnets due to over heating.

Looked all around the battery but didn't find a fuse. Will look again and much closer.
Not familiar with how the break away system works, but will heed your advice here as well.
Thank you.

wshamby01

The break away system works by applying full power from either a small battery inside the unit or from your trailer battery to the electric brakes as soon as the cable is pulled. There is a magnet inside the each brake drum that energizes and starts dragging againts the drum which in turn expands the brakes and stops the trailer. This is just a down and dirty description. Good luck on finding your jack issue. Yours should be similar because our models arre about the same up front. My jack motor had its own fuse down near the battery in the front hatch. Also check to be sure your battery connections are tight.

breid

I brought my new 3912 home last night only to have the same thing happen. My in line fuse was sitting on top of the generator and it was blown. I'm still looking for some 30A spares, they seem to be the most popular fuse at the stores I've checked.

Finally got a chance to search for the fuse and was not in clear sight, nor felt anything like a fuse within the plastic shroud material containing the wires. Should I peel this stuff back, or is it possible it is located elsewhere?

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
I don't know where the fuse is...... yet, sure I'm gonna learn one day.

If somebody here doesn't answer the location by morning I would call Heartland for advice on the fuse location before I started ripping stuff apart looking for it. Prolly in one of those DUH locations... like DUH why didn't I look there, it was right in front of my face LOL.

Tech service at Heartland said the fuse was between the switch and motor. After digging and pulling apart wires, found the tapped up fuse between the battery and the switch. Gee thanks service techs.
Good to go again.