Yokohama Geolander GO56?

BigShafe

In the past I have always purchased Michelin due to the side wall rating and reviews. The wear is less than acceptable for the $.

Anybody ever heard of the Geolander or had them? Looking to put them on my Chevy 2500 Duramax, pulling a 2011 Road Warrior.

Thanks!

Jim-Lynn

I had Yokahama tires on my old truck, 2500 SRW. They were great, had 65,000 miles on the tires when I traded the truck in.

BandK

In the past I have always purchased Michelin due to the side wall rating and reviews. The wear is less than acceptable for the $.

Anybody ever heard of the Geolander or had them? Looking to put them on my Chevy 2500 Duramax, pulling a 2011 Road Warrior.

Thanks!
Time to replace my Michelins. Did you go with the geolanders?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rhodies1

How many miles did you get before they were worn out. If they failed before the rating..call Michelin,,I have in the past and they will / have given a pro rated credit on new ones . Been there on this issue .

BandK

35000. Not exactly worn out yet. However, the outside lugs on all 4 are almost down to the wear bars, center ribs have lots of life left. I run 80 psi. Near gcwr when towing. The geolander has a slightly higher load index than the Michelin . So was wondering if those would wear better.

35000. Not exactly worn out yet. However, the outside lugs on all 4 are almost down to the wear bars, center ribs have lots of life left. I run 80 psi. Near gcwr when towing. The geolander has a slightly higher load index than the Michelin . So was wondering if those would wear better.

I Have installed Golanders on my truck, much lighter than yours, I currently run 50 lbs in mine, they are load range e 10 ply. Your post and the wear you experienced indicates the air pressure may have been a little to low. High air pressure would cause the center to wear more, low, the outside, just generally speaking, lots of other factors also would apply.

I like the Golanders, they didn't change the ride of my truck much, just a little sharper on some cracks and bumps, but much better handling when towing. Course i also have the air lifts and they help.

Good luck.

BandK

I Have installed Golanders on my truck, much lighter than yours, I currently run 50 lbs in mine, they are load range e 10 ply. Your post and the wear you experienced indicates the air pressure may have been a little to low. High air pressure would cause the center to wear more, low, the outside, just generally speaking, lots of other factors also would apply.

I like the Golanders, they didn't change the ride of my truck much, just a little sharper on some cracks and bumps, but much better handling when towing. Course i also have the air lifts and they help.

Good luck.
I ran 80 in mine. Discount tire prorated 77$per tire. I actually had an opportunity to move to 18" rims. The 18" tires get a higher load rating which i hope will help. Went with the Michelin a/t's this time. So we shall see. Thanks for your post!