Battery upgrade?

Midastouch

There are a few things I want to change/upgrade and the battery is one of them. I have the original battery my 07 Grand Canyon came with and I want to get another one or upgrade to two new ones ... in other words, probably replace what I have and get the most battery power I can for those short "power outages" we have every now and then. I am on at a permanant site at the present time with power. What kind, how big, etc.... It's been awhile since I had to ask for any advice but it looks like I'll be needing some now:rolleyes:

Suggestions please!:D

jbeletti

Lynne,

What I did in my '05 was use 2 Trojan T-105 6-volt Golf Cart batteries in series. I also added a battery watering system to them. Loved it. Some pics here.

Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I have 4 6 volt golf cart batteries. With care we can go 7 days and not discharge the batteries too low to hurt them

Midastouch

Is there a difference between "golf cart" batteries vs other types? For some reason I thought at one time I was thinking "marine" batteries????? Do I go to a battery place and get these or is there a specific place that you would go to get them other than that? I am trying to educate myself on this and may have to do this on my own...just trying to understand the "battery" concept here! Thanks for the replies!

Uncle Rog

Look in the phone book for a battery retail / distributor. They usually have better prices and a full selection to choose from. They can explain the difference in the types of systems to be considered. The 6v combos are probably best for RV use as they can be fully discharged with out hurting the batteries. On the other hand 12v deep cycle units are available "maintenance free" so you don't have to mess with watering them. Her is a link to the Trojan web site technical area, it will explain a lot of things..........

http://www.trojanbattery.com/Tech-Support/TechSupport.aspx

"Aim Low Their Rid'n Shetlands"

beardedone

Beardedone
I have always run with two golf cart batteries. I got 10 years out of my last two. Because of the weight I was thinking of b uilding a slide out tray for them. Has anyone done that to an 09 Landmark Augusa?

Gerry