Furrow Observation Camera

Paradise2

So.....has anyone had any issues with their camera keeping connection with the bluetooth while driving on the freeway. Our's is not consistent as it goes in and out. This is not a back up camera but an observation camera. Thinking it's the wind hitting the antenna on the back of the trailer - but just curious if anyone else has experienced this and what was done to correct it......

Thanks,

Lynette

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Someone else on this forum posted they added a better antenna to the camera, on their toyhauler. Since we have a looong trailer, we opted to do the same. Here is the antenna:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MUU6L4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some modification had to be done to the camera mount to get the antenna attached, but it works very well. We have very minimal drops, mainly if driving at night or in rain.

Hope this helps.

B

Boatman

When I installed my camera (SOB) I also had a lot of in & out video. I spliced/extended the wire from the camera to the transmitter, and moved the transmitter to the front of out Big Horn. Dropped the coraplast bottom and ran the wire along the frame. Now the video only has to transmit about 10 ft to the monitor. Works perfect.