Brake Light LED Strip-Help

So on our last trip we noticed the left brake light was not working on our Road Warrior. Tried to access it from the outside to see about changing the light strip/bulbs. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that we can access it from the outside. Anyone know how to change the brake light led strips?

Thanks,

Johnny & Stacie

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's probably just the connection where LED light connects into the wire harness. Find the connection and pinch them tighter with a pair of pliers.
If it really is the light you'll probably have to replace the entire thing. But it's more than likely not the light.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A loose connection would make sense, we've had so many loose connections on this unit that we've had to fix it isn't even funny!

It's probably just the connection where LED light connects into the wire harness. Find the connection and pinch them tighter with a pair of pliers.
If it really is the light you'll probably have to replace the entire thing. But it's more than likely not the light.

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the problem is we can't figure out how to even get to the wiring harness. There's no way to access it from the outside of the unit. Do you know how to access it from the inside?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You'll need to remove the light from the outside. Can you take a picture of it so we can help you out.

hboy1

My Road Warrior just lost a rear brake light. None of the LED's are working. There are 2 screws to remove the light. The wiring is so tight I could only pull one connector out. The connections "look" good but was not able to test each connection using a tester because there was not enough wire to pull out.

I'm subscribed and looking for a fix too. Please share when you get your's resolved. I'll do the same.

rxbristol

I had two of eight brake LEDs go out on one light. The lights are one unit (individual LEDs cannot be replaced) and the whole light will have to be replaced.

hboy1

Johnny/Stacie, Have you resolved your brake light problem?

Just got back from out of town and plugged the camper in to the truck. The running lights work (including back LED lights). No right brake or blinker.

I tested the truck 7 way plug and was not getting any voltage on the right side. Found a blown fuse under the hood. when the auto parts open tomorrow I will try replacing that fuse and see if that resolves anything.