Sleep Number Bed Question -

BarbandFrank

We are seriously interested in purchasing a Sleep Number mattress for our Landmark Key West. For those of you who have a Sleep Number bed, I'd like to know if special sheets are needed, or will standard sheets work?

Also, we have two small shelves on each side of the mattress - and it seems like the 11" Sleep Number might be a tight fit. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Will the Sleep Number work with these small shelves?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Barb

richheck

Seasoned Member
The R5 Sleep number mattress can be ordered the same size as your present mattress. On our early 2017 LM 365 the mattress is 72 wide be 80 long (standard RV king). Camping world has the same size Sleep Number on sale till 7/9 for $1,457.00 down from $2,289.00, a great price. We ordered one and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, will install mattress, fitted sheets and report back.

Last edited:

Kathi-27

just installed sleep number r5 queen in our 2017 bighorn fit perfect and standard sheets fit fine. same with our stick built bed.

BarbandFrank

just installed sleep number r5 queen in our 2017 bighorn fit perfect and standard sheets fit fine. same with our stick built bed.

Kathy,

Thanks for the info - what I was wondering about was how the fitted sheet works with the hoses? I can't visualize how that works.

Barb

- - - Updated - - -

The R5 Sleep number mattress can be ordered the same size as your present mattress. On our early 2017 LM 365 the mattress is 72 wide be 80 long (standard RV king). Camping world has the same size Sleep Number on sale till 7/9 for $1,457.00 down from $2,289.00, a great price. We ordered one and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, will install and report back.

We'd like to have our Sleep Number mattress ordered before the sale ends in a few days at Camping World. We're looking forward to it - a lot! Not happy with the quality of the mattress from the factory.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Kathy:
On my non Sleep number air bed at home the hoses run out close to the bottom at the front edge and the fitted sheets have no problems. I have the hoses on the Head end of the bed as my controls are not remote as I think some are now.

Kathi-27

the hoses come out at the bottom so the corners still go under the mattress. the wife also uses sheet smoothers at the corners and across the middle side to side they have them on amazon. they are like elastic suspenders with clips on the ends and are adjustable. think we got are at bed and bath store. haven't had any problems with sheets coming off.

BarbandFrank

the hoses come out at the bottom so the corners still go under the mattress. the wife also uses sheet smoothers at the corners and across the middle side to side they have them on amazon. they are like elastic suspenders with clips on the ends and are adjustable. think we got are at bed and bath store. haven't had any problems with sheets coming off.

Thanks for the idea about the "suspenders"!

Barb