2018 PA Rally Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you're planning your trips or vacations for 2018 already, HOLD this date, May 4-6, 2018 will be our rally weekend. All I can tell you today is we'll be at J&D Campground http://www.jdcampground.com/ near Elysburg just outside the entrance to Knoebels Amusement Resort http://www.knoebels.com/ The amusement park will be open for their second weekend of the 2018 season. Lots to do, see, & eat. Parking and admission are always FREE.

DO NOT contact the campground until 2018!! Instructions and information will be included when the Event is added to the Forum's Portal page.
Nancy & I look forward to hosting this event. Details to follow.

DO NOT contact the campground to make reservations until next year!!!!
ac2c9a8901c7102d33f4ef847a8a223d.jpg

5bd2f0df87bcd912691951048ee354d6.jpg

Last edited:

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
I believe we will attend...great area. Just a mere 3 hours. It's July 4th and our May 2018 plans are set...J&D and Masseys.

-Ira

travelin2

I believe we will attend...great area. Just a mere 3 hours. It's July 4th and our May 2018 plans are set...J&D and Masseys.

-Ira

Looking forward to it! Stayed tuned for details later this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP_CS

Subscribing, we stay at Splash magic only a short distance away all the time.

travelin2

I see you're from Galeton, have had discussions with Stoney Fork Creek CG near Wellsboro. We still own a property on Armenia Mtn.

MP_CS

I see you're from Galeton, have had discussions with Stoney Fork Creek CG near Wellsboro. We still own a property on Armenia Mtn.

Staying at Stony Fork Creek in a few weeks, its an easy weekend getaway close by. Very nice clean place.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

-Ira

Liz and I have it on the plans

We will be there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's on our list..... subscribing now! Best Rally in PA :D:D:D

Great way to kick off the 2018 season.

Bones

I just checked the school calendar so we would be coming in later on Friday but I will add ourselves to the list. We will hit the amusement park too because it is on our list to go to knoebels.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just checked the school calendar so we would be coming in later on Friday but I will add ourselves to the list. We will hit the amusement park too because it is on our list to go to knoebels.

That's doable. Come in Friday evening and do a quick, minimal set up. Enjoy some food and beverage. Saturday morning head to the amusement park. Saturday evening, Repeat the food and beverage. LOL. Sounds like a nice weekend.

Bones

That's doable. Come in Friday evening and do a quick, minimal set up. Enjoy some food and beverage. Saturday morning head to the amusement park. Saturday evening, Repeat the food and beverage. LOL. Sounds like a nice weekend.

You got that right. I think its a date. ha

szewczyk_john

Knoebels is the largest free admission amusement park in the country. They sell ticket books for those wanting to ride. They also have a large swimming pool compete with diving boards & a high dive platform. They have rescued rides from other parks and rebuild them back up. They also have a huge collection of carousel animals. Truly a hidden gem in the middle of the state.

Only wish this was a little later then we could just make this a stop on the way to Delaware.

travelin2

Knoebels is the largest free admission amusement park in the country. They sell ticket books for those wanting to ride. They also have a large swimming pool compete with diving boards & a high dive platform. They have rescued rides from other parks and rebuild them back up. They also have a huge collection of carousel animals. Truly a hidden gem in the middle of the state.

Only wish this was a little later then we could just make this a stop on the way to Delaware.

John,
Your information is totally correct AND because of Knoebels notoriety, even getting this weekend took several visits to the CG for them to agree to accommodate us early in the season. Being a destination location, rallies are not their bread and butter. Friends of ours in the Bounder Club are attending their final rally at this CG per my previous sentence.

Last edited:

J69king

Chris, Lauren and I will be there. We love Knoebels. We just returned from there on Tuesday. We are going back on August 4-7 for Lauren's birthday weekend. How many sites are they holding for the rally?

travelin2

Chris, Lauren and I will be there. We love Knoebels. We just returned from there on Tuesday. We are going back on August 4-7 for Lauren's birthday weekend. How many sites are they holding for the rally?

Yes, the park certainly draws a crowd!!
No one should be turned away that early in season I was told.
We are taking our granddaughter over and staying in the Knoebels CG 8/7-10. Will you still be there over the 7th?

Status
Not open for further replies.