Mallard M33 orange exterior light

Hayesid5

Hi All,

Just got a 2018 M33, and am a first time camper owner! Wondering if anyone can answer a question I'm having about an orange light on the exterior. It's a large lens towards the front top, to the right of the main entry door. Never noticed it before, but all of a sudden I noticed it on. I'm not connected to my vehicle, so I'm guessing it's not anything to do with running lights. Thanks for anyone taking the time to answer!

jimtoo

Hi Hayesid5,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have remote for your unit? I think one of the outside lights are controlled by a remote on some units. If not I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Hayesid5

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to answer! I do not have a remote that controls the lighting, as far as I know of yet! There is a remote for the sound system. My main concern is that it's a warning light of some kind. I've been through all the manuals that came with it, as well as looked online for additional information, and have so far turned up nothing...The unit is parked in the yard, so I'm only running it off a standard extension cord for power. Per suggestion of the dealer, only running the lights and fridge with this power source.

Thanks again for taking the time,
Ian

Hi Hayesid5,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do you have remote for your unit? I think one of the outside lights are controlled by a remote on some units. If not I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

danemayer

Large round light on the side wall near the front, up high, sounds like a scare light. The switch would typically be inside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hayesid5

Thanks for your help! It was a not so hidden switchgear I somehow overlooked...I had started looking for an issue that wasn't there! Thanks again
Large round light on the side wall near the front, up high, sounds like a scare light. The switch would typically be inside.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk