• http://whistlestoprvresort.com/
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?: yes
  • Golf Cart restrictions?: Check with park
  • Golf Cart fee?: No

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 30
  • Register by end of day 2/16/2018 -- call the park, there may still be room!
  • Site fee: $$45 per Rally Night per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: March 17
  • Potluck time: TBD
  • COME EARLY IF YOU CAN! FUN STUFF STARTS FRIDAY MORNING WITH A TOUR OF DYESS AFB!

Additional Info:
A brand new RV Resort in Abilene, TX, just off the service road of I-20!

Please call the park to make your reservation, then post here once reservations are made.

This park has a terrific clubhouse with full kitchen, 95-foot pull-through sites, small and large doggy parks, covered pavilion, free wifi, and more.

We are planning a couple of wonderful outings and a white elephant exchange again! Look for updates to come.

We are planning a trip for a guided tour at Dyess Air Force Base. The guided tour will include Dyess Museum, weapons load barn and the Linear Air Park, from 9AM to Noon, Friday, March 16th. (They do not do tours on Saturday.)

About the Dyess Linear Air Park:
The massive Dyess Air Force Base, adjacent to Abilene, is home to the Air Force's Air Combat Command. The Dyess Linear Air Park, on the grounds of the base, displays aircraft from World War II, the Korean and Vietnam wars, plus Gulf War I. There are 32 planes total, all displayed outdoors in the park. Among the planes on display are B-52 bombers, B-17G Flying Fortress and eight different fighter planes.

We will have to submit clearance info to the base 4 weeks before the tour for everyone planning to go. Please indicate if you are interested in going on the tour. Marked * = clearance info received.

Saturday, March 17th at 9:30AM is the Pallet Painting Party! Be sure to sign up here and pick your sign!

Saturday, March 17th at 2:30PM is the tour of the Frontier Texas! Museum. Cost is $2.50 per person. Please let me know you are attending and pay before end of rally.

TENTATIVE AGENDA NOW LINKED BELOW!

Confirmed reservations made:
1. Erika & Tony D -- Arrive 3-11 depart 3-18 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
2. Don & Vickie S -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
3. George S -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-18 -- 1 for DYESS* -- 1 for FRONTIER
4. Jay & Stella C -- Arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
5. Richard & Clara M arrive 3-15 leaving 3-22 -- 2 for DYESS*
6. Tim & Beckey S. -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* --2 for FRONTIER
8. Don & Monica A. -- arrive 3-15 leaving 3-19 -- 1 for DYESS*
9. Bob C. -- arrive 3-12 leaving 3-19 -- 1 for DYESS*
10. Orville & Barbara W -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-20 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
11. Mike & Edythe K -- Arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for Frontier
12. Joe & Sandee M -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS*
13. Dave & Kathy T -- Arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 1 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
14. Pat & Elaine P -- Arrive 3-15 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS*-- 2 for FRONTIER
15. Corbin & Flora T -- Arrive 3-14 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
16. Sue & Derald K -- arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- NO DYESS
17. Nancy A & Dave S -- arrive 3-14 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS*-- 2 for FRONTIER
18. Jason & Audra & Colton M -- arrive 3-15 depart 3-18? -- 2 for DYESS*
19. Terry & Carol H. -- arrive 3-15 leaving 3-18 -- 2 for DYESS*
20. Mike M & Melissa T -- no rig attending 3-16 and 3-17 -- NO DYESS
21. Mike & Peg F -- arrive 3-12 depart 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
22. Diana & Vic A -- arrive 3-13 leaving 3-20 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
23. Lin & Debbie B -- arrive 3-11 leaving 3-18 -- 2 for DYESS* -- 2 for FRONTIER
24. Ed and Susan P. -- arrive 3-15 leaving 3-19 -- 2 for DYESS*
25. Clarence Barbara V. -- arrive 3-16 leaving 3-19 -- NO DYESS

UPDATED AGENDA POSTED 3-13-18

View attachment WTX-CR_Agenda_3-13-18.pdf

Attachments

• TentativeAgenda 2-21-18.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Chippendale

Dolly said she was going to get in that gray truck and head to Abilene and I could come too, so put us down for the rally.

George

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great to hear, Jay, Mike and George! Be sure to call the park and make your reservations, then report back, here the dates. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokiejoe

Hi, we are planning to attend, will call the park tomorrow and make reservations, to arrive the 15th and depart the 19th.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Don and Vicky Smith and Peanut

TravelTiger

Great, Don & Vicky! Let us know when your reservations are made. :)

Pokiejoe

Great, Don & Vicky! Let us know when your reservations are made. :)

Sorry, I made reservations a few weeks ago and just forgot to let you know. Yes we have a spot to arrive the 15th and leave the 19th. Looking forward to being there.

Don and Vicky

TravelTiger

Sorry, I made reservations a few weeks ago and just forgot to let you know. Yes we have a spot to arrive the 15th and leave the 19th. Looking forward to being there.

Don and Vicky

Thanks Don and Vicky! Got you down! If others have made reservations at the park, please let me know!

Chippendale

Erika, Called today and made reservations at the park, will arrive on the 14th and leave on the 19th.

Thanks,
George

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I got reservations made today. Arriving on Monday the 12th and leaving on the 19th.

TravelTiger

Yay Jay and George! I'll update the list soon.

'Lil Guy'

Debbie and I made reservations this morning. Arriving on the 15th and leaving on the 19th headed to the La. rally in Kinder. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

TravelTiger

Debbie and I made reservations this morning. Arriving on the 15th and leaving on the 19th headed to the La. rally in Kinder. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Great, Frank! It wouldn't be a rally without you guys!

Be sure to contribute your thoughts on this thread:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ts-for-the-West-Texas-Rally?highlight=Abilene

- - - Updated - - -

Made our reservations today. Arrive on the 15th depart on the 19th. We are on site 82.

Ted and Dee, don't forget to contribute your thoughts on this thread:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...ts-for-the-West-Texas-Rally?highlight=Abilene

- - - Updated - - -

Just made reservations for the Rally.

Paul and Cindy R
Louisiana
2017 Big Horn 3970RD

Paul and Cindy,

Please contribute your thoughts on this thread:

'Lil Guy'

Well, let me see. If I was traveling at the speed of light and turned my headlights on, would I be able to see in the dark? No , wait. When I flush the toilet and the water turns clockwise in my rig, which way would it turn if I was below the equator? I wonder what a Bald Eagle would taste like fried? I also wonder what Ted and Dee are doing about now and if Susan Potts is going to make her world class Bloody Marys for George and myself.

Only other thought would be about a Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza. Offer is still good.
Later and have a great day.

TravelTiger

Well, let me see. If I was traveling at the speed of light and turned my headlights on, would I be able to see in the dark? No , wait. When I flush the toilet and the water turns clockwise in my rig, which way would it turn if I was below the equator? I wonder what a Bald Eagle would taste like fried? I also wonder what Ted and Dee are doing about now and if Susan Potts is going to make her world class Bloody Marys for George and myself.

Only other thought would be about a Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza. Offer is still good.
Later and have a great day.

Frank, we already have some things planned for Friday-- so we would love it if you could host the Extravaganza for Thursday AM! The park has an outdoor space and/or the Clubhouse inside kitchen that should work for this! Will that work for you????

Status
Not open for further replies.