Don't forget to check your spare tire on your truck.

Mattman

I know a lot of you all probably have a compressor with you. But for those of us who don't. Make sure you check your spare tire on your TV before you head out. I've had my Ex for over a year now. Usually I check my spare tires when I do my air pressure. For some reason never checked it on this until tonight. Surprise. Like 10 psi in it. Brand new tire on rim. so imagine it probably just leaked out. Guess no one before me ever checked it. Hopefully I don't need it. But could have been a real let down if I did. Lol
So if you haven't in a while. Check it. 🙂

MCTalley

And if your truck requires a special key or attachment to lower the spare tire, make sure you have it and that the mechanism works.

We sold our first F350 to a private party after buying our 2013. Months later, I was digging through a box of stuff and found the key that I had mistakenly cleared out of the glovebox when transferring the truck to the new owner. They never called, but somewhere down the line someone is going to have a flat tire and be pretty upset they can't lower the spare.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Also . . . check your truck spare to see if it is any good . . .

I bought new tires for my truck last year (just over two years old at the time) and discovered that while it held air OK, it had a hole in it down to the steel belts.

BadSpareTire-IMAG0316.jpg

This was a manufacturing defect and wasn't seen as it was on the side of the tire facing up.

Of course, Chevy nor Firestone would do anything about it under warranty.

I was going to replace all of the tires with this same Firestone tire, but needless to say . . . it ain't got no Firestone's on it now!

TruckNewTires-P1010987.jpg

Last edited:

Mattman

And don't forget your camper spare. I know I guy on his last trip who forgot to load his camper spare in the back. I (Cough) mean he has a hitch on the back for bikes or carry rack and took it out to load some other things and never put it back in.... I think he realized after a half hour. But wasent going back. Only going a few hours away.