help.... we leave tomorrow

deee2

DH was out checking the pressure on all the tires this morning, and naturally the tire pump gave out. Any favorites? But mainly, how do you fill air on the inside tires of the dually.... let alone check the pressure???

Thanks in advance,

Donna ;)

JimandSina

Dee,
To inflate the inside tire on a dually you need to purchase and install Dual Tire Inflators you can find them at any campingworld store or most any rv dealer with a retail store will also have them they cost anywhere from $20 - $50 depending on what ones you need, as far as an air compressor I bought a very good one from Sears for under $100 it is capable of 125pounds pressure with a small 1 gallon tank, it fills any tire on the truck or the fifthwheel, its a little slow but will get you there, hope this helps,
enjoy your trip
Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark just found a little compressor with tank at Costco for $54 that will inflate up to 135 lbs.
Kristy

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Donna, ya need an air chuck and tire guage that has ends like this.
IMG00217.jpg IMG00219.jpg

And when ya get tired of fighting to check or add air through those tiny slots in the rims I can help ya spend more money...(like ya need more help from me spending money LOL)... Get some valve stem extenders. Worth every penny IMHO.
IMG00205.jpg

There are some available too that have a clip to hold them in the hand holes so you don't have to put mounts on the caps like mine. The dual dynamics would prolly work best on your Ford with the Aluminum wheels. Call them and they can help you locate a local distributor.
http://www.dualdynamics.com/valveextenders/

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/dual-tire-inflators-hand-hole-mount/2478

Now if you have a truckstop nearby and are short on time to get a new compressor, they should have air on the truck islands that will have the correct air chuck.

Have a fun and safe trip. Mike

Last edited:

deee2

Thank you all for your suggestions, well.... except for PMM spending more money for us again..... lol. We finally found one of those straight and longer gadgets to check the pressure on the dual wheels, and they even had a fitting in the shop that will let it go right into the compressor we got to the rear tires. Not too bad after all. Just used up 3 hours today so we're just now finishing loading everything. Thank you ALL for all your help, we're sooooooo excited to be finally leaving for.. now it's FIVE weeks. :)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Hehehe, just trying to make sure everybody is as broke as I am:D

5 weeks, I'm jealous. Only thing I've had time for this year was to take mine to the dealership and bring it back home. Have a safe trip.None

deee2

Thank ya all.... lol
we're at Diamond Lake, OR right now, and there's another Bighorn here as well. Just got here yesterday and we had hail, thunder and a down pour. I loved every second of it, except for the thunder and lightning. Just beautiful.

take care everyone... we gotta find that door handle still, if we can find cell service today we'll call Heartland.

Donna :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thank ya all.... lol
we're at Diamond Lake, OR right now, and there's another Bighorn here as well. Just got here yesterday and we had hail, thunder and a down pour. I loved every second of it, except for the thunder and lightning. Just beautiful.

take care everyone... we gotta find that door handle still, if we can find cell service today we'll call Heartland.

Donna :)

You are fairly close to the Heartland dealer in Bend, OR if you're at Diamond Lake. They may have one in stock. There is another dealer about 2 hours from you in Medford who might have one too. Good Luck
Kristy