Ramp Door Wear and Unknow Anchor

weekender01

I have a 2017 Torque 321 and this past weekend while unloading our golf cart I noticed that the bars that hold the door closed are starting to wear into the metal door frame. Is this normal?

Also on the back of the camper on each side of the frame there is what looks like an anchor to hook or clip something to. Anyone know what these anchors are for?

avvidclif

Go to your local hardware store and pick up some 1" vinyl tips. Slide one over each end of each pipe and they will keep the metal from rubbing.

On the brackets, do you have a rear awning? On mine, with a rear awning, there are two lower brackets for it. The awning has legs that come out and lock into the brackets for stability of the awning.

weekender01

Go to your local hardware store and pick up some 1" vinyl tips. Slide one over each end of each pipe and they will keep the metal from rubbing.

Thanks. One of these fell off, but the others are there. I will get some new ones.

On the brackets, do you have a rear awning? On mine, with a rear awning, there are two lower brackets for it. The awning has legs that come out and lock into the brackets for stability of the awning.

Yes there is a rear awning. Where or how do you attach the legs? I did not see anything in the awning.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I call them "crutch tips". They are now factory issue. I prefer to have more uniform pressure against the door so I bought some 5/8" clear vinyl tubing and slit the length. After cutting to fit the complete pole I placed it over the poles and used cable ties to hold it in place.
This has been a problem with all toyhaulers using cam locks. Pretty simple science really...if steel rubs against aluminum the aluminum will wear away

TxRoadWarrior362

Yes there is a rear awning. Where or how do you attach the legs? I did not see anything in the awning.

this is from another thread I'm on. Hope it helps.

"Rear deck awning: has two side supports that slide out to the side from each side where the led light strip is. They pull out, swivel, and attach to the garage frame for support. Was told about this at the races from a Cyclone owner"

Tim

weekender01

I call them "crutch tips". They are now factory issue. I prefer to have more uniform pressure against the door so I bought some 5/8" clear vinyl tubing and slit the length. After cutting to fit the complete pole I placed it over the poles and used cable ties to hold it in place.
This has been a problem with all toyhaulers using cam locks. Pretty simple science really...if steel rubs against aluminum the aluminum will wear away

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

this is from another thread I'm on. Hope it helps.

"Rear deck awning: has two side supports that slide out to the side from each side where the led light strip is. They pull out, swivel, and attach to the garage frame for support. Was told about this at the races from a Cyclone owner"

Tim

Thanks. Will have to inspect closer to find these.