Leaky Bedroom Slide (when open)

Campdmg

We have a 2009 BH 3670RL...4 months in it so far. We're seasonal, so the rig doesn't move and the slides are open all the time.

We've had some water issues. The storage area in the "basement" seems to collect water when it rains.

But now...and more bothersome...is the water soaked carpet in the bedroom (between bathroom and bedroom). We'd had some heavy rains and when I went to get into bed that night, my feel "squished" into some very wet carpet.

Anyone else having this issues with rain collecting in their rig?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sure sounds like you have some water getting in around the slide out. I guess first is to check the seals and insure they are all contacting the slide out and not folded in. They should be curved out and against the slide wall. Check to see that the top seal is over the top of the side seal. If the seals look OK it may be time to call the dealer.

retroxrider

We have a 08 3670and are also seasonal up in NH. We have had some VERY heavy rains lately and luckily (knocking on wood) we have had no leaks. My parents on the other hand have had a leak in their Cameo, another seasonal had one in his Prowler, so it looks lie water doesn't care what make you have.
I would do as suggested and make sure that your seals are all tight. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

crwdavis

Leaks

We have a 09 3490 BHS and are having the exact same problem on the bedroom and living room slide.

We are also collecting water somewhere in the subfloor behind the hitch under the master bedroom, everytime I level the unit it comes pooring out of the light that is mounted in the middle of the trailer behind the hitch. Any thoughts?

We also had a problem with water in the basment, I took the panel off to investigate where the pump and hot water tank is mounted and found several lose fittings on different water lines. I snugged them up took care of this problem.

Fresh water tank vent line does not vent air from the tank. When 2/3's full we get lots of back pressure in the tank and water comes shooting out the fill spout. We can never get more then 2/3 in the fresh water tank. Any thoughts?

Just to vent a little bit we are very unhappy with our Heartland unit, a few other porblems we are having is bunkhouse slide doesnt seal when in, unit was deleivered with cracked mirror door in master bedroom closet, missing cabinet door next to T.V. have been waiting since June for dealer to send us new doors, hot water heater crapted out yesterday. Delamination occuring on walls in bunkhouse room and in living room next to the sofa, etc.....

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

jbeletti

crwdavis,

You really need to get your coach into your dealer to have them work with Heartland Dealer Services to get these issue cleared so you can get on the road to happy camping.

Jim

Campdmg

Here I sit, it's pouring rain again here in soggy CT. Carpet getting wet again.....water trickling into the basement. Time for a phone call!

Regardless of these things, we love our Heartland. It's so roomy and comfortable for my partner and the two cats. These leaks can be fixed, I'm sure. We just need the right person to look at it/them.

Have a (dry) weekend all!

alaska dodge

I have a 09 3370 and had a leak problem in the living room and I contacted the service center great people and it turned out to be my hot water line in the kitchen was leaking and that is what was soaking the floor. I would contact your dealer and they will take care of you.

bill

crwdavis

Hi Jim,

Sorry to vent yesterday was a bad day for us, it seems as though all of our issues have occured in the last couple days. Last night a new issue arose with the hot water tank. My wife and I LOVE our floorplan and we are going to work through the problems. Every trailer has a few issues, hopefully not as many as ours though.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Let me add that most everyone has had their share of problems but they cannot be fixed unless you contact a repair center. If under warranty a Heartland dealer will work to make it right. I can truthfully say that although we have had more than our share of problems Heartland and their dealer network has worked with us to make things right. We are happy campers and are glad we own a Heartland product. At least we have a product that the manufacturer will stand behind.

Last edited:

Campdmg

Finally got the dealer out here (we chose not to do anything on our own so that we didn't put our warranty in danger.) The soaked floor in the bedroom was due to a hole in the "rubbers" around the bedroom slide (dealer's words...not mine!)

The basement water issue was due to the crimps used on the hoses. All had cracked and were not snug.

Fixed 'em all and now we're drying out!

Happy camping all!:D