Landmark - Cargo Door Leak

TrailCreek

I live in Florida, it rains a lot and I am getting water in the basement through the curb side baggage door. Just wanted to know what the normal issue and fix could be. I am a past factory service RV tech but am not sure what it could be, too many possibilities without taking it apart. Can you help? I will be glad to send additional pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20170711_143023.jpg
    IMG_20170711_143023.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20170711_143802.jpg
    IMG_20170711_143802.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 157

Roller4tan

Crawl inside and have a "trusted" companion close the door. look for daylight around the perimeter. The gap may be noticeable that way

Last edited by a moderator:

CoveredWagon

I live in Florida, it rains a lot and I am getting water in the basement through the curb side baggage door. Just wanted to know what the normal issue and fix could be. I am a past factory service RV tech but am not sure what it could be, too many possibilities without taking it apart. Can you help? I will be glad to send additional pictures.

Put a bunch of paper strips around the door then close it and pull. You get the idea

TrailCreek

I can crawl in, it's a pass through. May get Beth to spray water on the door if I don't see light.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

revega

Hello there....I had exactly the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I re-applied clear silicone above the outside perimeter. After it was dry, my trusted companion (wife) sprayed water around and over the door while I was inside with a flashlight for a good 4-5 minutes and didn't get any water in. I've had a couple of rain showers too and still holding. I wish you good luck.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

Besides continuing the perimeter silicone to the bottom of the corner, it stopped too short, I noticed the obvious. Someone had removed one of the seals and put it on upside down, with a 1" gap at the top. I was too busy looking for trees and missed the forest. I'm keeping watch with afternoon storms to see if that and or the silicone stopped the leak. I will order a replacement seal to replace the short one.

Clark2262

Besides continuing the perimeter silicone to the bottom of the corner, it stopped too short, I noticed the obvious. Someone had removed one of the seals and put it on upside down, with a 1" gap at the top. I was too busy looking for trees and missed the forest. I'm keeping watch with afternoon storms to see if that and or the silicone stopped the leak. I will order a replacement seal to replace the short one.

Thanks for the feedback. I had the same problem too. You could see daylight from the inside of the cargo bay. Additionally, my friend noticed the gasket was improperly seated. Once fixed, no more water in the cargo bay. My problem now is water trapped inside the door itself. It drains out the bottom of the latch when I open it after a heavy rain. I'll post some picks when I get back to my camper this weekend.

carl.swoyer

Had the same issues on my 2012 Landmark Rushmore. Silicone along with two more screws into the hinge channel. From the underside place two screws up into the channel this reduces the Flexing when opening and closing the door

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

The fix seems to be working. Still need to order a new seal as one is 1" too short.

NYSUPstater

Had a similar problem w/ our BC. Ended up re-calking the screws around the doors (tip/suggestion from this forum). Seems to have worked. No more water.

Clark2262

I'm picking it up Monday. They installed thicker gaskets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No. It was in the shop most of the winter. I called them before I went to pick it up and they said no water in the door. I said "What!" I went to the shop after it had been raining for days and thought, well, it will be full of water but no! Could not believe it. Got it back to the campground and the next time it rained, the door was full of water. The only difference is the living room slide was out. So....I believe the problem is somehow connected to the slide out. (I have a front living room model.) When the door rots out I'll replace it with a piece of plywood and paint a big lemon on it!

FrankB

We had the same thing happen to ours 2016 landmark key west. The dealer where we bought it pulled all the frame around the door and resealed it with clear silicone and it hasn’t leaked since.