Sewer / Gray Water Valves - 3950

Just took delivery of a new 3950, which has two doors for Sewer / Gray Water Valves, outside the door is labeled. When you open the door there are three valves in the front door and two valves in the rear door. No labels. Which valve controls which tank ? My Dealer has no idea ? Nothing in the manual for the 3950 ? Please assist ?:confused:

P.S. love the 3950, still getting use to everything but love it !None

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What I find strange is that your dealer wouldn't know. My suggestion. Go camping and get full hook ups. Get a clear sewer adapter and hook up your sewer line. Make sure your tanks are empty and close all the valves. Run or pour 5 or 10 gallons of water down the toilet. Pull one valve at a time till water comes out. Mark that handle as the Black Tank. Pour 5 gallons or so of water down the shower drain then pull the remaining 2 valves, one at a time. When water comes out mark that valve Grey1. Do the same thing at the Kitchen sink. Your last valve should be Grey2.

truknutt

Committed Member
Easier than labeling and having it fall off is to either swap out the gray water handles with zinc metal ones or...just paint the ones you have gray or white so you know instantly which is which.

just my 2 cents...

Dave

jasons09cyclone

sewer valve handles

hello, i had the same prob. I found out that the two outer knobs are the sewer tanks. its too dark to see any color in there so i labeled the insides of the doors with the correct location..