Cable has got me scratching my head

Long story short. At the first RV park and they provide cable. Run coax from box to one of 5 of my RV connections next to water hookup. Nothing. Try very different setup and still nothing. Call heartland he sends me a diagram which tells me how they are "supposed" to be labeled. I cut the corner and run it straight from the box to the tv, works fine. Asking where am I going wrong? I have played all avenues. Rig is a 2018 cyclone 4005. Thanks

Brandon

Last edited by a moderator:

CDN

B and B
For park cable you need to turn off power on the Antenna plate. Light off cable, light on Antenna or OTA .

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Only one is in the bedroom. None in living are?
It's a signal booster. The rooftop antenna coax meets the cable TV coax at the signal booster, which is usually in the bedroom (but not always). Coming out of the signal booster, the coax goes to the various other TV locations. The signal booster is used to amplify TV antenna signals but will prevent cable TV signals from getting through. So when connecting cable TV, the booster is OFF.

It's a signal booster. The rooftop antenna coax meets the cable TV coax at the signal booster, which is usually in the bedroom (but not always). Coming out of the signal booster, the coax goes to the various other TV locations. The signal booster is used to amplify TV antenna signals but will prevent cable TV signals from getting through. So when connecting cable TV, the booster is OFF.

Thank you very much!

gotfooled

For park cable you need to turn off power on the Antenna plate. Light off cable, light on Antenna or OTA .
Same 5th wheel. Took me a week just to figure out the living room tv. A ROKU Insignia with no instructions. Once I got help from Insignia, it almost works. I get many cable stations except the ones I want. Cable provider came and said that tv is getting weak signals through cable in undercarriage. You wont believe the fix......installed a piece of coax to the bay cable outlet and it goes nowhere?????????? It just lays in the bay and viola' it works.

Long story short. At the first RV park and they provide cable. Run coax from box to one of 5 of my RV connections next to water hookup. Nothing. Try very different setup and still nothing. Call heartland he sends me a diagram which tells me how they are "supposed" to be labeled. I cut the corner and run it straight from the box to the tv, works fine. Asking where am I going wrong? I have played all avenues. Rig is a 2018 cyclone 4005. Thanks

Brandon

Like CDN noted above Brandon, there is a "switch" that turns the antenna on (light is on) or off (no light). You need to turn the antenna off for cable (or satellite) to work.

I have a 2017 Wilderness and my swich is in th TV console area in te living room. However, the Heartlnd support people stated it's usually in the bedoom.